How often do most shops in your area require Nitrox tanks to be O2 cleaned?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too much testosterone, maybe.

OBVIOUSLY a reason why there should be more FEMALE technical divers. Y'all have the brawn; we have the brains... it's a good match. :blinking:

(okay, for those of you who don't know me and are getting ready to flame me: I'M JOKING.)

I'll agree my tanks are not now nor have they ever been 100% free of hydrocarbons. Just not possible. I do the best that I can knowing that someone else is filling them. Their life is as important to me as mine.

... are a bunch of a**holes like our president.

OOOH! Politics!!! Now we can REALLY make fools of ou - oops, I mean, "have an intelligent discussion..." Anyone up for talking about Sarah Palin? Seems like an easy way of refuting my (joking) assertion about females being the more intelligent of the species...

Anyone up for talking about Sarah Palin? Seems like an easy way of refuting my (joking) assertion about females being the more intelligent of the species...

No. I am too busy reading books before they get banned.

OK I'll bite. Actually I do have that certification as well as a whole stack of others including technical certifications. What I don't understand how does your being an "experienced" tech diver give you any better knowledge about O2 than any one else. You are certified to breathe it. That is it.

John you are usually a really nice guy. I can only assume there is something personal going on in your life that you are taking out on everyone else. Might I suggest you walk away from your computer for the night sleep on it.

And the rest of you. This is the Texas forum let's not make every one else think we are a bunch of a**holes like our president.
My goodness...guess I touched a nerve.

I am a nice guy, unless I think someone is being a smarta**...to me, my friends, my family. I gave my POV on the question posted by the OP and was jumped on by someone I don't know from a hole in the ground. I'm not going to sit back and let that happen. Sorry...good day, bad day, whatever...not gonna happen...in person, on the computer, wherever. It's just wasn't raised to turn the other cheek. Sorry. If that makes me an a**hole, then I'm a card carrying member.

As for your certification it's not my business or concern who cleans your tanks, what their cert is, or even if they have one. They're your tanks and your responsibility. However you want to take care of it is your business. I read your post as you stating you learned how to O2 clean by watching someone else. Joanna pointed out that you have the card, I apologized. Not sure what else you'd like on top of that, but that's all I have to offer.

I have to say that I don't know any experienced technical divers who don't know something about oxygen, helium and a host of other technical topics. If they don't they probably shouldn't be doing that kind of diving. It's a good way to get hurt. I don't care what the next guy does and long as he doesn't push it on me. If you want to clean your tanks annually have at it. If someone else wants to pay for theirs to be cleaned, not a problem. Just don't expect me to follow in your footsteps (on any topic) just because you say it's so. Sorry.

BTW, it doesn't matter to me if someone doesn't agree with me on any topic. Present it in a respectful way and I'll give you a respectful answer. It's really pretty simple...I'm a simple guy...not a simpleton. :wink:

Oh...I usually fill my own tanks and do my own advanced mixing, and I still have all my fingers and toes. I do have the certification for that too, btw, if it matters. :D

K-Valve, are those kiddos at school already getting to you????? Come out on the boat and get some fresh air, no pun intended in this thread, and take a take a tour of the Scuba Park. Current count, 3 cars and more boats than I can keep track of. Plus there is a line leading over the wall into the Pecan trees and good vis......

OOOH! Politics!!! Now we can REALLY make fools of ou - oops, I mean, "have an intelligent discussion..." Anyone up for talking about Sarah Palin? Seems like an easy way of refuting my (joking) assertion about females being the more intelligent of the species...

I like Sarah Palin...surprise. :wink: You know of the four of them she's the only one with executive level gov't experience. :D

K-Valve, are those kiddos at school already getting to you????? Come out on the boat and get some fresh air, no pun intended in this thread, and take a take a tour of the Scuba Park. Current count, 3 cars and more boats than I can keep track of. Plus there is a line leading over the wall into the Pecan trees and good vis......

I'd love too...especially the line down into the Pecan Grove. There's nothing like a cool swim in the trees. :D Sorry that dipstick got me wound up...definitely a genetic characteristic that I can't control. :wink:

...................... :coffee: ...................:popcorn:..............:D

I hear ya, brother. We have a charter going out Wednesday night at 7:00 if you are available and want to dive the trees. But no tanks on the boat that aren't perfectly cleaned and ........ Ok, I won't provoke you......

Back
Top Bottom