How safe are you? - A thought exercise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without reading the previous responses, and having no HAWOPER(whats the difference between this and HAZMAT?) training, here are my thoughts:

Should your back up team be dressed EXACTLY like you and your buddy?
Yes, but additional gear should be available on-site,.

Should your backup team be dressed in a higher level of equipment in case the SHTF?
I would say no, but I may have a lack of understanding of what 'higher level of equipment' means. My thinking is that many of the "SHTF" scenarios should have been accounted for either in training or equipment choices ahead of time. (Should not be running into a building/room without knowing something about what's going on). If something happens that wasnt or couldnt be accounted for, how would you know what 'higher level of equipment' to dress in?

Should your back up team just be there to call for some one more qualified to help if SHTF?
No. There should be someone as part of the team that will not go in and can call for help but if I have an entire team standing around I expect any paperwork I might have to do already finished, my car washed and a nice dinner waiting for me when I get back.

Should you send the back up team in to save your A$$, but only after another back up team has been suited up if both teams need help.
No. The hazard has already stopped/trapped/incapacitated/whatever two teams... Sending in more people at this point would be inviting tragedy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom