how to add weight on the DiveRite Nomad when diving single tank or doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

May be slightly unorthidox but I use 2 inch cam straps on the bottom holds on my side mounts and have added a quick dump 5 lb weight pouch in these straps. I can ditch them easy, my Al80s are negative all the time and trim is good.

Using the cam straps I can rig up any full tank, regardless of size, in less than a minute.

Thats actually not a bad idea other than the entanglement potential.

I'm a bit confused about the original post and some of the responses. OP says "I'll be diving singles..." sidemount single?? With regard to the "v-weight with the doubles" suggestion, is the assumption the OP is diving BM doubles? With a side mount rig? I'm assuming the OP is buying a nomad for SM diving, otherwise...???

If you need the weight the typical SM method is hard weights threaded onto the shoulder straps. For travel leave your weights at home and borrow or rent some on-site. If you need more the "weight plate" will put it in an optimum location for trim. Its not unusual to put hard weights on the tank cam straps. Again, the ditchable weight pockets on the cam straps is a new one to me, but if diving open water with minimal entanglement hazards it certainly is an option if ditchable weight is your thing.

Gary

gary i have a nomad but im not diving sidemount YET...... I am diving singles backmount and doubles backmout just wanted to know how to add weight to the nomad with out weight plate

You can use a V-weight for doubles.

The $AU has moved from about US$0.80 to around 99c in recent weeks which is good news for anyone buying gear from the US but doesn't look good for you in the States I guess.

Same price as its has always been... Just helps increase USA exports which will help economy.

Dwayne

gary i have a nomad but im not diving sidemount YET...... I am diving singles backmount and doubles backmout just wanted to know how to add weight to the nomad with out weight plate

I bought a pair of 16lb weight pockets diving the Nomad BM - they mount the same as to a standard Transpac and are just fine. Tried them out yesterday and they're very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom