How to carry heavy Pressure/Depth console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drill a hole thru the rubber console, run a cord thru it & tie it into a circle. You can now attach it to a snap bolt on the lower right side of your BC(you can even attach a stainless steel ring--pictured below--to the circled cord you made & have a different length if necessary)--use the 1.5 inch size..can get them from Scubatoys, link:
Stainless Steel Split Ring reviews and discounts, Cetecea

SSSplitRings.jpg

Drill a hole thru the rubber console, run a cord thru it & tie it into a circle. You can now attach it to a snap bolt on the lower right side of your BC(you can even attach a stainless steel ring--pictured below--to the circled cord you made & have a different length if necessary)--use the 1.5 inch size..can get them from Scubatoys, link:

Now that's a good idea! :cool3:

Sorry to hijack, but i would like to know if i have a gekko console w suunto spg. Can i remove the gekko, buy a wrist strap n use it on my wrist? While also removing the spg from console n using it normally without the bulk of the rubber console.

SSSplitRings.jpg

Have done this on 2 of my older consoles, a 25 YO triple Tekna & a 20+ YO double Oceanic.....

I like consoles myself and use an old Oceanic console. Like the above poster said, I drilled a small hole through the rubber, made a cord loop and attached it to a short retractor.

I prefer this system to wrist mounts as I'm often navigating by compass, and if I'm looking at the compass, might as well have the computer and SPG there as well. The whole thing is attached with a Miflex 36" HP hose.

Adam

Sorry to hijack, but i would like to know if i have a gekko console w suunto spg. Can i remove the gekko, buy a wrist strap n use it on my wrist? While also removing the spg from console n using it normally without the bulk of the rubber console.
I am not familiar with your console, but you can probably flip it over and disassemble it with a screwdriver, leaving you with a naked spg and a Gekko. You can mount the Gekko to your wrist using this:

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=48

Back
Top Bottom