DIR- Generic How to choose bolt snap sizes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was advised in my fundies class to use a small boltsnap for the long hose to avoid having something heavy and cumbersome hanging off your face.

If you dive in cold water with dry gloves you may also prefer bigger boltsnaps in general as they are easier to handle.
I like these bolt snaps and you don't really have to go up in size because the trigger is easier to work. The smallest one is 2 7/8 inches long and is great for the long hose and back up lights.

Are a must if you wear thick gloves. They make blind clipping so much easier.
(and no the "thin" eye will not break even holding heavy tanks, it's still overbuilt strong stainless)

Wet gloves in 36F water. Yeah, I'll get right on that. It sure would be nice to just wear 5mm gloves at those temps.

For some reason people continually think Puget Sound is "cold". Apart from the occasional winter cold snap where the winter surface temps can get down to 39-40f ish it never gets into the 30-40 degree range at all. It's 99.9% of the time over 40F and for half the year is over 50f for goodness sake. That's not "cold" that's cool. And they're paranoid about a reg freezing too lol.

Compared to Lake Superior with a bottom temp of about 34-35F, Plura and Norway with temps around 33-34F in winter, or Newfoundland with a bottom temp around 30-31F.

For some reason people continually think Puget Sound is "cold". Apart from the occasional winter cold snap where the winter surface temps can get down to 39-40f ish it never gets into the 30-40 degree range at all. It's 99.9% of the time over 40F and for half the year is over 50f for goodness sake. That's not "cold" that's cool. And they're paranoid about a reg freezing too lol.

Compared to Lake Superior with a bottom temp of about 34-35F, Plura and Norway with temps around 33-34F in winter, or Newfoundland with a bottom temp around 30-31F.
Cold af to me. Dislike.

Are a must if you wear thick gloves. They make blind clipping so much easier.
(and no the "thin" eye will not break even holding heavy tanks, it's still overbuilt strong stai

I must be doing it wrong. Got something like those. A bit cumbersome with gloves on.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom