how to dive every week...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icarusflies

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all;

I am newly AOW certified and NITROX certified with only 12 dives. I live in Miami and I would love to dive every week end (every day if I could). I think the charters are not the way to go, at least the not the solution that makes the most economical sence at US$ 80.- the 2 thank dive)....You guys that live in South Florida, how do you do it...shore diving, clubs....please show me the light....

For shore diving, I suggest Lauderdale By The Sea. I just started snorkeling and there's a reef just SW of Commercial Blvd. I'm sure you could search here or on the web for more info on that if you're interested. It's shallow (only about 12' max), but it "shore" beats $80 every week.:lol:

You might want to look into kayak diving. I hear it is one of the most ethical ways to get out to thoes spots that are a little to far for a shore swim. Without spending 2 days salary on a charter dive.

eric1979:
You might want to look into kayak diving. I hear it is one of the most ethical ways to get out to thoes spots that are a little to far for a shore swim. Without spending 2 days salary on a charter dive.

You do mean economical don't you?:D

If you make only $40 per day ($5/hr), you need a new job! Or you can do what I did - you in and ask your boss for a raise because you got a new hobby. :eyebrow:

eric1979:
Without spending 2 days salary on a charter dive.

You got a couple of options,
1)As mentioned shore diving in broward your cost will be gas to get there, and the air you breath. I dont know if parking is free but I think it is.
2) Another option is finding a friend with a boat, the more people on the boat the cheaper it is by dividing all cost among you.
3)find a freind that lives next to the water you can dive the channels but this is dangerous due to boat traffic.
4) on this forum under Unted States look up florida conch divers they are all over florida and they go out almost every week.

Well I hope you find what you need.

Try running a search for "Conch Divers" Group.
This will put you into the Florida group.
Then run a search for local dive spots/locations.
There is alot of great info there.
Also, I think there is a thread for "best beach dive sites".

Anyway, Welcome to Scubaboard!!
Hope this helps.

BTW Lauderdale by the Sea is one of the best beach dives in Florida. IMHO
I go there sometimes,and I live in Tampa
Brian

Just Another Florida Diver

Dania Beach & Commercial Blvd are great dive sites. Shallow, but you can spend a couple of hours on the reef on one tank. Parking isn't that much. If I remember correctly, it's about $1/hr on the meters. Now all you need is a buddy to hook up with.

Back
Top Bottom