how to pressure group / deep dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmansur once bubbled...
--You are right the instructor probably does this 100 times a year -and unless he has a written waivor from the agency to do it this way there should be punitive or corrective action on the part of the agency for each and every incedent. The standards exist to insure the safety and quality of training of the student. --

Why doesn´t anybody shows the instructor the concerns we had here, and listens to what he has to say? This can help him to be a "safer" instructor, and there´s no need to "burn" him without even listening to what he has to say...

Regards

Fábio

I'd be happy to talk to him. Just get me his name and number. I've approached many instructors and dive masters at local sites. Usually I just the get the doe in the headlights look from them but it's worth a try. In a case like this where. if the students account is correct there is a clear violation of standards the agency is best equiped to counsel him on his teaching methods. The student should contact the agency and let them take it from there.

I burn him in print because I've seen too much of this crap and have little tolerance left for instructors breaking rules or taking short cuts on things they know as well as I do. It just amounts to sloppy lazy work and I aint his momma.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

I'd be happy to talk to him. Just get me his name and number. I've approached many instructors and dive masters at local sites. Usually I just the get the doe in the headlights look from them but it's worth a try. In a case like this where. if the students account is correct there is a clear violation of standards the agency is best equiped to counsel him on his teaching methods. The student should contact the agency and let them take it from there.

I burn him in print because I've seen too much of this crap and have little tolerance left for instructors breaking rules or taking short cuts on things they know as well as I do. It just amounts to sloppy lazy work and I aint his momma.

I understand your point of view. We can´t accept this kind of training as, huh.. acceptable. It´s a great responsability a instructor has with his students and with the dive community in general. A bad instructor is bad for the whole diving community.

Regards

Fábio

Back
Top Bottom