how to rebuild bands or where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks. i got the bands and shock cord in the other day. the new ones ended up being a bit shorter than the old ones but i can still load them so all is well. will just have a little more power. going to give the old gun a good going over this weekend and give it a paint job. will post up before and after pics

---------- Post added January 18th, 2014 at 03:21 PM ----------

Here are the before and after pics. This is a voit swimaster speargun that i picked up along with some other scuba gear. I didn't have much money in it so i decided to get it back into usable shape. It is a little over 30" overall and the spear is a little over 24". should be fine for smaller fish.
before
101_0431_zps12047e43.jpg

after
101_0432_zps8ece8b86.jpg
101_0433_zpscaa44eb3.jpg

It looks like you did a good job of refurbishing the old gun. Voit has not made spearguns for a long time, probably over 30 years.

In any regard, please be careful with that configuration. We like to caution divers, (particularly freedivers) to make sure that any wrist lanyard they use be constructed of stretchable bungi material rather than nylon cord.

If the gun should get caught in a rock or the shooting line entangled or a shark comes in and grabs a fish you shot, it may become very important that you can rid yourself of the gun in an instant.

We offer elastic lanyards that are safer than nylon. Of course it is impossible to know what type of lanyard you have elected to use.

Elastic Lanyard

Ditto on what Dano said.

Also, take your bands off after diving and keep them in a sealed Ziplock bad. I keep mine in the refrigerator. If not, they'll dry rot much faster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom