How to use wide angle wet lens for Olympus E-PM1 camera with Oly housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not following you.... All of the pic that I posted were with the +7 diopter and, while focus lock was slower, it did work.
When I try this it either the 1st gen or IIr 14-42mm lens, it just keeps hunting for a lock and never locks. I have to back the zoom off or back off physically to get a lock

When I try this it either the 1st gen or IIr 14-42mm lens, it just keeps hunting for a lock and never locks. I have to back the zoom off or back off physically to get a lock

It definitely wont focus if you're too close. If I can't get focus lock I just bacl off an inch or so and try again.

It definitely wont focus if you're too close. If I can't get focus lock I just bacl off an inch or so and try again.
Which seems to counter the use of the macro lens IMO. I'm taking part in the Monterey Shootout next month, and if I can't get a the 14-42 w/ +5 working together, I was going to rent the panasonic 45mm.

Last edited:
Which seems to counter the use of the macro lens IMO. I'm taking part in the Monterey Shootout next month, and if I can't get a the 14-42 w/ +5 working together, I was going to rent the panasonic 45mm.
I'm all about getting close since I shoot almost exclusively in the Puget Sound. I can get about 3" away with the +7 and still achieve focus.

I'm all about getting close since I shoot almost exclusively in the Puget Sound. I can get about 3" away with the +7 and still achieve focus.
I understand that, but if you have to back off to get a focus lock with macro lens, it's going to counter the magnification gain. Perhaps I'm trying to get too close.

I understand that, but if you have to back off to get a focus lock with macro lens, it's going to counter the magnification gain. Perhaps I'm trying to get too close.
You must be. Just because you're shooting in macro doesn't mean you can touch the critter with your port. If you had the Zen dome port on AND the diopter attached to that you could probably be 1cm away from your subject. At that point using your strobe(s) becomes tricky though......

You must be. Just because you're shooting in macro doesn't mean you can touch the critter with your port. If you had the Zen dome port on AND the diopter attached to that you could probably be 1cm away from your subject. At that point using your strobe(s) becomes tricky though......

I do have the Zen dome. Any suggestions for a dry macro? I have both 14-42 lenses and the Oly 9-18

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom