How to view vids on iPad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I am about to pull the trigger on a HERO4 silver and a bunch of accessories.

I want to be able to preview my clips on my iPad Air. I have a trip coming up and that will be the first video attempt so I want to be able to preview my work and avoid bring home hours of garbage.

The Apple SD card read has very bad reviews at the apple store. Is there another way to see them on an iPad? Can I use an USB card reader plugged into the lightening cable?

Please let me know what is working for you. Many thanks!

---------- Post added July 12th, 2015 at 08:58 AM ----------

This may have been a very dumb question, as i looked online and it would appear I can bluetooth the video to my ipad. does work well? shoudl I try the Apple cable or is that just a waste of money?

I have successfully used the GoPro App with an iPad (Gen 3 & iOS 8) and Hero 3. You have the ability to preview the videos and then decide if you want to download them to your iPad using the built-in GoPro WiFi. You can also use as a remote; not sure what the max distance b/w devices is. Previously, I used the Apple SD card reader without experiencing any problems. I prefer to see the videos before I transfer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom