How was DEMA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha once bubbled...
So, how was it?
What did you see, learn, & do?

I got in as travel trade industry, and managed to spend a few dollars. I posted my report in another thread here.

Marc

Had great time at DEMA! It was awesome...an interesting sideline, the last time I attended DEMA Miami was the first DEMA show many moons ago!

Got tons of good trip info for my company...Most impressed with Belize, Key Biscayne, Ft Lauderdale for future trips. Met Peg Rheinhart, owner of Eagle Ray Sportswear and I will have some super shirts for my classes & trips shortly. Placed my first order with Eagle Ray

Met Edie from DiverLink and Walter.

Wife and I stayed at the "Clay Hotel" a quaint old style Miami hotel in South Beach. It was like walking back into history. The street where the Clay is located was where much of "Miami Vice" was filmed! But get this...we were getting ready for dinner...A very familiar looking guy was being interviewed by some video company...Looked again and it was "Tubbs" from Miami Vice!!! (Micheal St Vincent). After the interview, wife and I got our pictures taken with him....Super great guy! And he saw my shirt with the Cocoa Beach logo that Peg from Eagle Ray had designed he says..."Hey Cocoa Beach! I've been there! Great town!

That made my day since Miami Vice was one of my favorite all time TV shows

Dee once bubbled...
Scott..... http://dive.scubadiving.com/talk/read.php?f=1&i=798265&t=798265

Fugu from Rodales, is asking for permission to use your DEMA photos in his report. I can pass it along to him or you can follow the link and talk to him yourself.

Thanks for the photos!

Wow, he wants to use my pictures huh? I must be in the big time now. LOL I posted a message on the other board giving him permission to use the link to my pictures. Do you know if he actually want to use the pictures or just the link? His post didn't say much about exactly what he wanted to do.

Scott

I had a great time. On the way down we dove Ginnie Springs (we where the only ones their.)

I thought the show was great. Stopped by the Scubapro booth to check out their new BCs. I like their new backinflation the Equator. It's a simple no frills backinflation. My only complaint is that they don't make trim pockets for it. Got to meet, and had a long conversation with, Dan Orr who is the President of DAN. I picked up 2 of the little Sea Doo Scooters. They don't ship until January and I really am itching to get it lol. Did anyone else pick one up? Bought some springs straps for my Jets and have already used them on two dives. I had dinner on the Sea Fever liveaboard Wednesday nigh courtesy of Scubapro (Steak and Shrimp) and I think I may put together a trip down to her. Seemed like a good boat with a good crew.

Friday we drove down to Key Largo with plans to dive the Spiegal Grove. Friday I dove Jules Verne so I could take my cousin diving in salt water to get his weighting correct. That was an okay dive it just reminded me of a quarry with better fish. Saturday morning we dove the Spiegal Grove and Molasses Reef and had a great time. The conditions were excellent. Beautiful day, absolutely NO current and 80 foot viz. I was able to hit 129 feet on her.

Overall I had a great time. I wish I could have dove a little more but ah well.

Here's a pic taken at Ginny (left to right: ) My cousin Mike, my father and me. It's a crappy pic of me but who cares I just got done diving lol

roadkils once bubbled...
Hey Zocrowes,

Nice Hair!!!!!!!!!!

D.
=-)

:p

Yeah well I got to dive the 84 degree water and you didn't so nannie nannie boo boo. :mean:

After going in the cavarn at Ginne I think I just might join ya on the whole cave diving thing one day.

Back
Top Bottom