How was diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) Chad, that was TOTALLY unneccesary. You are an evil man.

2) We dove Pebble Beach Sat am - 45 degrees, vis only about 15 ft. Nice dive, but no Burnham.

VetDiver, Is that your first trip to Pebble this season? How has it been? Whats the max depth there. I dont think I've been any more the 25ft at Pebble, but it's still a nice take. decent parking on weekdays or offseason, so that's a huge plus

scubastew:
VetDiver, Is that your first trip to Pebble this season? How has it been? Whats the max depth there. I dont think I've been any more the 25ft at Pebble, but it's still a nice take. decent parking on weekdays or offseason, so that's a huge plus

That was my first trip to Pebble Beach, period. It was OK - certainly pretty easy, especially compared to lugging everything up and down the hill at Folly Cove. The vis wasn't great, but not much worse than it's been anywhere else, and it was a pretty dive - tons of crabs, a few nudibranchs - one lobster (tiny). The depth is supposed to get down to 35, but I never got below 25. Then again, we were there at low tide... The parking was the BEST.

matt_unique:
We picked up one chunk of wood and called in a hazzard to navigation for one particule item about 1 mile to the NE of Halfway Rock (off Bakers Island as another position reference). Hard to believe - but we were in 140' of water and spotted this 4X8 sized piece of wood sticking 1' out of the water.

--Matt

Maybe you found the Margaret.

matt_unique:
I think I am about to be setup for a joke - what is the Margaret?

--Matt

Sank around 1796 (if memory serves me right) around Bakers Island-Gosseberries area. Rumor has it that it is out there someplace and that after a particularly bad winter it's bones show up. Side note if the cargo is intact or even partially intact it is worth a small fortune (no not gold and silver, porcelain from Amsterdam), and maybe a few other artifacts. Do not hammer me if my facts are off a tad, I am going from a rusty old memory of something I read years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom