Howdy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftin' by

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Long time reader, rare contributor (I know, that's a bad thing) checking in. I used to be registered under a different screen name but cannot remember the login/password combination for the life of me and any email address I was registered with is now long gone.

A little bit about me...
PADI Rescue Diver with 54 dives. Wife is advanced with god only knows because I'm not sure she does either! Majority of diving done in Ohio quarry's. Burr, cold. Got hooked on diving on our 6th trip to the Mayan Riviera when we just had to find out what made divers so happy. So we did the resort course. Returned home to get certified and back to Mexico for check out dives. Returned once again to the Yucatan Peninsula and did the tri-fecta- ocean, Cenote and Cozumel dives. Since then our diving has been interrupted by what has turned out to be the single best thing to ever happen to me... the birth of our first child, a sweet and precious little girl named Maya. So now we're ready to get back at it.... diving that is :) We recently relocated to Houston, TX from Cleveland, OH. I liken the transition to being taken out of the freezer and tossed right into the fryer! We're loving it down here but have realized that we have no diving buddies here as we did up north. So without sounding like some weirdo's, we're looking for other couples with kids to go diving with locally. Obviously I'll post this question in the "Texas Swamp Divers" forum but just wanted to share my intentions to rejoin the single best board on the www!

Wanting to get into some UW photography so I'll be in there quite a bit. Just got a housing for our Canon A95. I'm just hoping that I can get some decent results and not flood the dang thing on our first trip. Funny story... had one of those Sealife MX-5 UW 35mm cameras. While on vacation, exposed 6 rolls of film while diving and snorkeling with no big surprises. Before leaving, for what ever reason, I took the o-ring out of the housing and proceeded to close the housing with the camera in it. Got home and wanted to do a good rinse and soak of all our gear. I'd forgotten that I took the o-ring out and proceeded to put the ring-less camera and housing into my homemade rinse tank. I even went to far to make sure the camera and housing were fully submerged under the weight of my BC as it was positively buoyant initially before filling with water and destroying the camera! Lessons learned.

Oh, and Going to Cozumel in 11 days!

Glad you checked in. Say so more often.
I too will be in Cozumel but I am going to have to wait a bit longer.

Have a great time!

Randy :coffee:

Welcome back to the Board. Have fun in Cozumel and everyone learns a lesson from something.

Welcome to SB driftin'by! You've come to the right place! (sorry about the camera:( )

Welcome back to the SB....

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Sorry to see that you've left the Midwest, but I'm sure you'll find some great diving and some even better buddies in Texas. Hey, that's the home of Scuba Toys, so it's gotta be great down there!

Welcome to the Crazy world of the scubaboard fellow Texan! Have a great time in Cozumel, I'm hearing good reports on the diving there with lots of big stuff swimming by!

Texas is also the home of CrazyScuba.com, so it's even better now! Lol!

Britt
CrazyScuba.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom