HP 100 vs HP 119 or HP120

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are looking at HP119 and HP120, I would actually prefer the HP130. You should check it out. Not much different than the HP119 in shape, but has more cubic feet.

I have to agree. HP130's are great. If you can haul one down to the water, give it a try.

-Erik

If you are looking at HP119 and HP120, I would actually prefer the HP130. You should check it out. Not much different than the HP119 in shape, but has more cubic feet.

I contend that the wider diameter cylinders negates a material portion of the added gas due to their being less streamline. I used to dive with LP85's and LP98's with not too much BT difference between them. Just my 2psi worth...

It would be best if you could borrow all of the tanks that you are considering.

I'm 6'1" and dive single HP119's. I've tried 120's and didn't like the height and I've tried 130's and although they were OK I could feel the extra weight and just found that 119's felt better to me. So try them all out if possible. I don't use any cam weights.

The OP can borrow my HP119 should he wish to visit my area. I will say six-pack operators and private boat owners are not overly fond of the taller cylinders...

Valhalla, I may have to take you up on that offer... I have some 120's I can try... And good point in regards to the streamlining... havent though of that...

Valhalla, I may have to take you up on that offer... I have some 120's I can try... And good point in regards to the streamlining... havent though of that...

Just give me 24 hours notice. That cylinder is always filled with 32%EAN...

Last edited:
I sold my HP130's and doubled up two HP100's. Did you think about doubles, they ride nice in the water.

I have dove both the 7.25 HP120 and 8 Hp119. I am 5'10" and I much preffer the 119's shorter height. The diameter difference is insignificant except if you switch diameter tanks.

.... I will say six-pack operators and private boat owners are not overly fond of the taller cylinders...

Valhalla,
Happy New Year!
Why does the height make a difference to a boat owner? I would think the diameter would be of more concern not fitting in the tank holders.
Warm Regards,
George

Back
Top Bottom