hp tank fills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow... we have no trouble filling to 3,500 psi at either shop on the island. "Our" boat (King Neptune) is the only one that fills tanks on board and it only does 3,200 psi. I dive an HP120 and have a low SAC rate, so that's more than enough for me.

I haven't found a shop yet that CAN'T do hp fills. Maybe I just live in the right place.
-Ben

No problems here except for hot fills.

airsix:
Maybe I just live in the right place.

So do I but they exist for sure.

It’s an ongoing battle for me and had a bit of a High Noon last weekend.
Usually the problem is the filler who appears to have no clue it is not an AL 80. (See it’s full, 2800psi, that’s normal. I’ve got a lot of helpful lectures about the dynamics of gas cooling and told something is wrong with my valve too.) The real killer is the owner though. Some aberrant tightwad about air.
Picking up tanks Saturday the staff helping me checked them and said, oh we need to top both of them off and set to it. The owner walks by questioned what was going on and checked the pressure also. Then he took over the topping off explaining to me I should be charged for two fills now. The cost for the fill is the labor and now it’s doubled. I chickened out on insisting I leave with at least 3442psi, I was very near to saying many things I’d later regret, it was more than 3000 at least.
We’ve been thru this several times already – he’s refused to cheek the pressure, told me they cannot fill more than 3000, and it is a cold fill as I watch the tank filled on the floor – outside of the water tank.
Cannot imagine what the stinginess is over air. If they’d just do it right once or the first time it seems like it would be a lot easier for them as well. I was thinking I must have the only HP tanks, nope others in the lineup. (shaking head – at a loss.)

Back
Top Bottom