Huge decision: Quitting our jobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fluency in Chinese would be a big plus right now since the dive industry in mainland China seems poised to take off soon. Should be some real development there over the coming decade.

Dr. Bill

Ok, when you two are set, and ready to scoot off to paradise, let me climb into your suitcase. Once you're off the plane and cleared through customs, take me to a nice section of beach somewhere and drop me off! *Grabbing suntan lotion and sunglasses while reading "101 ways to build a great hut"*

Knavey once bubbled...
Just got off a week cruise on the Nekton Rorqual. 2 sets of the crew (out of 13 crem members) were couples...so I don't see it as a problem.

Single language skills? Half the world speaks English (for illustrative purposes for you nitpickers) so I don't see single language as a problem either. One of the crewman on the Rorqual spoke Chinese...sure didn't help anyone that week. We did have 4 Dutch, 1 Welsh, 1 Englishman, and a young girl born in Hong Kong (but a US citizen) and so I don't see that much need for a second language out of that group either. They all spoke decent if not perfect English.

I'm not saying that people who can only speak English are out of business, but competition is so high that the more you can the better chances you have.

A couple of years ago they said you'd better speak Russian, now it's Chinese, the next might be Martian :wink:

Back
Top Bottom