Huge wave in Tulamben in Aug?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool79

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just reached there yesterday afternoon and the wave was huge.

This morning also quite bad and I lost my mask during the beginning of the dive when I abort the dive, as the strong wave hit me and I was rolling and my power inflator got disconnected from my BCD...

After that going back to the shore... Got hit again till my mask flew off... Sigh...

When is the better condition to dive tulamben? Or amed would be better?

Amed also rough at the moment. Sorry to hear you got knocked over a few times. I would suggest the Pemuteran area probably the best wave wise at the moment. hard to predict when the waves will hit, last month had some of the biggest in Tulamben on record. I always say that Sept and Oct are the best bets for least amount of wave action (but of course as it is weather it would prove me wrong :) )

Maybe next yr will come back in sept for mola again. :) normally when is the rough season for tulamben and amed?

I think I would be heading back to pandang bai for diving. At least if there is big wave, I will not get hit so badly till my mask got flew out and my inflator hose get ripped out.

Nearly become a panic diver...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom