Human remains in a shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

;-0 it upsets me very much, because they such a bad rap. I love sharks, I think they are so beautiful and power under the water. I just watch them in awe. Everytime one come close to me I want to just pet it and let them know I care about them but of course I do not. I hate what the movies and man has done to these great and power creatures who rule the water as they do.

Rich :mean:

Originally posted by ScubaBaby
If my mind is still in working order, sharks can only attack upwards as well. A diver is harder to attack that someone on the surface.
Sorry Scubababy, this is not so. Indeed, a favorite of many sharks is the stingray, which they attack on the bottom. I've personally seen 'em attack from all directions.
There are lots of reasons divers are rarely the target of an attack, but a restricted attack geometry ain't one of 'em.
Rick

Sharks don't seem nearly as interested in chewing up divers as they are in swimmers.

Heck, I'm not worried anyway. Lawyers still have professional courtesy with sharks

It is a gross story, but if you think about it there are not really that many people attacked by sharks. Compare the number of swimmers or divers that are in the water to the number of shark attacks or fatal shark attacks. The number is low.:sharky:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom