Humber Bay warning sign to the Sligo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamesnvc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My dad & I were back at the Humber Bay Park West site on Wednesday, continuing to check out all the neat stuff set up there. Following a line heading out east towards the lake, we eventually encountered a sign - didn't get a picture, but the classic cave grim-reaper sign, warning that this is the end of the route and that the line continues two kilometres to the wreck of the Sligo.

I was wondering if anyone (@cleung maybe?) knows when/why that line was run all the way out there -- are people taking DPVs all the way from Humber Bay to the wreck? -- and if the sign was put up at the same time.

Just curious about this local site!

I believe several lines have been run out there over the years. The first one I was aware of was run by Andre Fortin but there may have been some before that. A rebreather, scooter and maybe a safety boat might be a good idea for that dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom