Huracan vs Itza's... any input?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those of you out there that would like to dive out at the Atolls and don't want to dive to the stalactites in the GBH and yet don't want to miss a dive either, it should be noted that as long as there is a spare dive guide available to you, you can still get a reasonable dive there and you may very well have a better shark sighting experience than those who've gone into the Hole.

A fair number of people on the "town boats" seem to sit out the BH dive, but still do the two afternoon dives at Halfmoon dives were the best dives of the week. Umm, ya. That's why I spend a week out there at a time.

Um ya . . .that's why I want you to use your influence to convince them they can afford the bigger gen, so that I can have my air con when I move in.

LOL... Christian said that they were putting in some kind of special fans... I think they spray a gentle mist of Belekin over you while you sleep or something...

Honestly, when we go, the lack of AC really isn't an issue. Each room has a ceiling fan and a floor fan. And big louvered windows. It can be warm for sure, but I don't think I've ever heard any of the guests complain.

They rarely run the generator... mostly it's solar power which is neat. It helps to offset the 400 gallons of gas they burn in their boat running back and forth to the mainland every week. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom