Hurghada, Egypt...don't give up on your planned holiday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem is many airlines have cancelled most flights from Europe to Egypt :(
I hope they will continue service in October

Perhaps chartered flights have done so but not the regular airlines like Lufthansa, British Airways etc

I would take this advice with a grain of salt and the others have mentioned.

You still need to fly to Cairo in most cases to get to Hurgada or Sharm. I feel bad for the suffering industry but having folks fly in right now is a bad idea.

Personally I love taking liveaboards out of Hurgada and Sharm. Just not right now.

Perhaps chartered flights have done so but not the regular airlines like Lufthansa, British Airways etc

BA does not fly to Sharm. Cairo only. You then have to fly to Sharm by internal flight at extra cost

Hi everyone,

Just got back from El Gouna - Hurghada yesterday. The continental european and russian charter airlines are not operating to the Red Sea resorts until mid September. All of their incoming flights picking up returning passengers on Friday were empty. The british charter companies however are still operating from the UK like before and bringing in holiday makers.

The resorts are empty except for the british and egyptian holiday makers. Many dive centres have sent their european personal back home and the tour operators local reperesentatives have been told to stay home until mid September.

If it wasn't for the news on TV I wouldn't have known about the unrest. My plan is to go again in September and earliest I can book is for Sept. 19th. out of Germany.

The problem is many airlines have cancelled most flights from Europe to Egypt :(
I hope they will continue service in October

Here in UK all flights are still running. Easyjet have even reduced their prices ... approx. £260 return to Hurghada now. They fly to Sharm and Hurghada direct. Only 66 days to go before we are back in Hurghada and can't wait. Trouble being people see the news and think its all over Egypt. To us it's like trouble in Glasgow but we live on the south coast so far away. We were there last year when there was 'suppose' to be trouble and saw nothing.

Hi,

Good news, I see on the net German tour operators are selling packages again to Hurghada and Marsa Alam starting Sep 16 , TuiFly, Air Berlin, Condor flying out of Frankfurt, Duesseldorf, Cologne, Stuttgart. Prices are steep at the moment and I will wait for a last minute deal, Makadi Bay or Safaga. Would love to go to Sharm El Sheikh again but there is nothing available yet.

The Irish Gov have issued a no go to Egypt warning...so if we were to go, our insurance would be invalid in case of anything happening so unfortunately we cant plan anything just now.....going to Maldives instead in March.

As long as our two innocent Canadian fellows are unjustly imprisoned, can't see myself going over either.

Haven't seen much on the Egyptian situation here in the US media (what little I look at anyway) over the past two weeks. I guess the government shutdown here is dominating the news. Still considering a trip to Hurghada via the UK in the next 6 months. Heck, there are places here in the Lost Angeles area I wouldn't visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom