Hurricane Blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just spoke to Force-E and they are canceling the night dive tonight. In their words the vis was "milk" at the bridge. Oh, well. We had planned a diving extravaganza with a goliath boat dive today, and BHB tonight and tomorrow morning. Both cancelled.

I got the hurricane blues, real bad.

It may be better now..this minute, this hour, than peak high tide.....if there was a lot of longshore drift---the waves pushing suspended sediment along the beach, paralell to the shore, this crosses the mouth of the palm beach Inlet, and gets pushed into the BHB area in 15 minutes or so.... However, as the tide begins to go out, all the sediment and silt are falling out of the water collumn, sinking to the bottom...You could easily have 12 to 15 foot vis by now or noon....someone should go check.....I might even do this, just for curiosities sake.

Ok, Sandra and I are heading over to the BHB ..should be there around 12:45 or 1pm....the idea, to find out if low tide has allowed the transporting sediment load to fallout, and for vis to be "enjoyable" for a macro photographer...this would be Sandra...
Unfortunately for me, I like big marine life on deep reefs, so "enjoyable" , or not, is going to have to come from Sandra..
:D

I will post when I get home after...

Visit www.sfdj.com and look at the BHB Marine Park article, which details a large diversity of the life found there...WHERE to look for it, and also even suggest a few names of what you could think of as "SAFARI GUIDES".. divers who are spectacular at finding anything in the park, and who are willing to help others see what they may miss, otherwise!

Hadn't see your updated web site. www.sfdj.com Cool! Nicely done.

Kevin

Interesting ocean in Jupiter today. Dead flat with chest high waves breaking on the sand bar at Double Roads/Corners/Kite.

I hit the beach at the very north end of LBTS at 8am and decided not to go.
There was a 4' to 6' wave developing at the drop off about half a mile offshore.
It then laid down and popped up again about 150' from shore.
Rip current, surge, about 1' of viz.
Strictly a boat day/weekend.
I will try again a little later in the week after work.

Chug
Mud diver yes, reckless diver no.

Sandra and I went out at BHB around 1:30 and Sandra stayed in till 3:00...
She got some decent pics of macro life, but the dive was about peak low tide..normally the worst vis possible at the bhb...we had about 7 to 10 foot of vis....again, for macro, it is ok. If you want wide angle style vis, this is not going to work :)

Also, I spoke with Van of Narcosis, and he found several 50 foot vis plus dive sites today, for his ocean divers....That being said, I'll be diving Sunday morning in the ocean....With Narcosis :D

Thanks for the update Dan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom