HydroOptix Mask: thoughts after 61 dives in 2 weeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The polycarbonate lens is one of the best design features of this mask. I damm near eyeballed myself one night on a wreck in 100' while I was alone - something clonked into my leg and swinging around, I just missed a 1" pipe end jutting out.
The Hydrooptix mask would have taken a big scratch but survived - my beloved SeaVision would have cracked.
Still not enough to keep me using my Hydrooptix masks though. It's the gear you dearly want to love but just can't seem to find a way...
Now, that said, if anyone on the Scubaboard actually wants to try one, I'll loan one out. You're gonna pay the postage both ways and put down a PayPal security deposit to make sure I get the critter back, but I'm not using the things anymore and I haven't gotten around to eBaying them off. Just contact me offline so ya don't clutter up the board with all the back-and-forth stuff.

Well I recently got 600 dollars in health insurance to buy a mask. Do you think this mask would be covered under health insurance? Or does it have to be a perscription mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom