I am in love with Blue XT Sea Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm really glad to read all this. Based on feedback from this forum, I just reserved a week with Chriti's operation and Casa Mexicana beginning Nov 9th. Guess I can feel confident I made a good decision. Thanks for the writeup.

Mike
Also, if someone in your party is prone to getting cold (that'd be me) bring some extra protection with you...a hat or a vest (thanks to Doris on our boat for letting me borrow hers!!!!!!!!) will work under a 3mm suit.
Heidi

Well, I'm really glad to read all this. Based on feedback from this forum, I just reserved a week with Chriti's operation and Casa Mexicana beginning Nov 9th. Guess I can feel confident I made a good decision. Thanks for the writeup.

Mike
Mike,
You absolutely made the right decision. Be sure and print out all of the restaurants on Christi's website. There are some gems! You'll have the time of your life.
Heidi

I'd have to agree with the attitude displayed in the opening post. Mago & Pedro are a great team, and it's easy to see that even though it's work, and they've done it oh so many times before, they still enjoy it as much as the divers. I'd also agree that Christi's op is very professional start to finish, and I can highly recommend them too.

Pedro modelling the hat he found on Paradise Reef.
IMG_9459.JPG

And Mago pretending to be surfing on an old abandoned wind surfer.
IMG_9538.JPG

We just wrapped up a stellar 5 nights/4 days of diving in Cozumel. Through Christi we chose the hotel package, staying at Casa Mexicana (Christi got us a beautiful 5th floor room). Casa is about a block from the dock and no more than a 5 minute walk. The hotel employees are more than helpful and always smiling. Take it from a clean freak...this hotel was *spotless*. Christi is so on top of her business. Neglecting to remember I needed to check in at her shop the night before our first dive (which happened to be a Sunday and the shop is closed), I was wondering how we'd touch base with her. In steps the psychic friend's network...aka Christi. Our hotel phone rings and she tells us to meet her at the shop with our gear in half an hour. The dive boat left the dock promptly at 8:00am each day. Our equipment was set up on the boat each morning and rinsed and hung to dry each night. Mago was our captain and Pedro Pablo our divemaster. The two of them share some hilarious jokes and have wonderful, contagious positive energy. They make a great team. Mago keeps close track of us and each time the first group surfaced I'd look up and check and he was right there with the boat. This operation is exceptional in that you are able to dive by your computer. This is *not* a 80-feet-for-25-minutes operation. Christi caters not only to beginning divers but also experienced divers who can stay down for 75 minutes. Pedro is the best divemaster I have been with. He doesn't just tell you what to do; he asks you "why". For instance, "Why do you need 14 pounds to sink?" The answer, "You start out with a dry wetsuit." It sounds like common sense but I doubt most instructors bother to discuss this with their students. My husband went from 14 pounds to 4 thanks to Pedro. Pedro is calm and professional and friendly and competent--the ideal divemaster in my mind. The divesites were mindblowing and the life abundant. My husband and I can hardly wait to return. Oh, and don't forget to ask Mago to do some magic tricks for you! **Christi, thank you so very much for all of your assistance and for the operation you run!**
Heidi & Will

I agree - was it the one that is all the way to the left as you get off the elevator - that is my favorite!!

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip and got to find out firsthand why Blue XT~Sea has such a big following. We love Blue XT~Sea too, and I must admit that Pedro and Mago are also my faves, but you can't go wrong with any of the DM's Christi has as her crew, because they're all top notch, as is Christi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom