I Am Not Addicted To Cozumel!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been to Cozumel five times in the last two years and oddly enough my wife has not been down yet. She does not dive and just does not want to go. I enjoy the restaurants almost as much as the diving but I can not talk her into going.

Jim Baldwin:
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!
Three dozen trips to Cozumel. Buy a house. Spent a year fixing it up. Three trips since the first of the year.

Losing my wife to Cozumel for the entire summer. Driving her car down this summer to visit my wife who also does not have a problem.

Passed on a certification this past weekend to Lake DeGray in southern Arkansas for 22 brand new divers. No drysuit and 10' vis.

I'm fine. I'm not in denial. I have it under control. Just recreational. I can stop whenever I want.

Jim, when are you gonna post some pictures of this house you keep telling all of us about?

I love to be under water. I don't have too many dives, less then 50, but I love to be underwater. Even with less then 5 foot viz, I live in in DFW, Texas so we don't have the greatest viz. I am a social worker so I don't have a lot of money to travel. We will be in Cozumel from June 28th throuth July 1st. We are going to the ruins on the mainland on the 28th, diving with Liquid Blue on the 29th, diving with Deep Exposure Dive Center on the 30th. What I have read is that you should try several dive ops when you visit to determine what you like. Last time we dove with Roberta's Eco divers. We were there during Hurricane Emiley. We had fun. We were very inexperienced (had never done a drift dive)and I got the impression that the others in the group had an issue with that (social work lingo). We also had our 14 year old son with us. He did not touch anything but, he is 14, and tends to swim after interesting stuff with "no fear". We have certainly counseled him on this issue. He was trained to basically see himself as an adult so he would feel comfortable correcting us if he saw use doing something wrong. We still had a great time and are going back. I hope the diving is good. I hope you have a great time.

SAVLMSW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom