I am now a NAUI Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations.

Chad

Diversauras once bubbled...
Nice work, where did you do your ITC?

BTW, looking at your profile made me really feel like a dinosaur, became NAUI 6788 in July of '82. At least I know what the next generation looks like now.

Again, hearty congratulations.

Thanks alot!

I did my ITC at the Louisville Dive Center in Louisville, KY (where I also work.) One of the shop's IT's NAUI # is 5732 (I think I might be a off by 20 or so.)

Eh you're not a dinosaur you're just an Old Salt

I appreciate all the kind words! My first official act as an instructor will be doing a refresher tomorrow (which I've done a million time before as a Divemaster and Divecon lol)

How long was your ITC course? How was it? I'm planning to get mine early next year... I hope to have the same positive results

:rolleyes:

Vyper once bubbled...
How long was your ITC course? How was it? I'm planning to get mine early next year... I hope to have the same positive results

:rolleyes:

The ITC only had one other guy in it so it ran faster than most. We met two days a week for a month for any classroom and pool work. We did our openwater requirements on a long weekend (Saturday through Monday.)

Both of us have been assisting with classes for the past year or so and we both had a lot of experience going in. I think that an apprenticeship is the best way to go when preparing for an ITC because by the time you are ready to take it you have a much better grasp of what teaching entails.

The ITC class that ran before mine had 4 people in it. Two of them had washed out, one is still waiting for medical clearance and the other breezed right through it and is now an excellent instructor. The one who breezed through it had been working with classes for about 18 months.

i hope it'll be the same when my time comes :)

i've been assisting instructors for about 2 years (and more than a dozen classes) now. no problem pulling them down and hovering over them but i guess its different when all eyes are on you. as they say, what you teach is the gospel truth. what you tell them will be embedded in their diving minds forever.

thanks and good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom