I am very disappointed with Genesis...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this site only for Genesis fans?

Express a opion is fine but put some substance in your opinion.

But I think he drank the coolaide and that his problem.

P.S.

My friend flood his computer which is more then 2 years old and he got it serviced.

this also could have been a lazy dive shop manager/owner who didn't want to deal with the problem, made up what was "said" by the Genesis rep, and was trying to sell him a new computer.

just saying.... it's possible... :popcorn:

Mr Sherwwod Scuba, there may be other options but I stand 100% behind what I said and that is that a Genesis rep. told the diving operator who made the call as I waited that I was on my own when it came to my computer problem. That is what the shop operator told me after he finished the call!
I will stay on this simply because it's not right!

Mr Sherwwod Scuba, there may be other options but I stand 100% behind what I said and that is that a Genesis rep. told the diving operator who made the call as I waited that I was on my own when it came to my computer problem. That is what the shop operator told me after he finished the call!

Were you on a speakerphone when this statement was made???? If not then how can you be so certain that it wasn't mis-heard or taken out of context?? Maybe you should call them directly or work with the Sherwood/Genesis Rep here on SB to see what options they can offer you.

You still have not said what computer you have or put up a pic or date it was made. Must be a very old computer.

The Genesis ReAct is over two years old but it has had very little use, it looks like new inside and out and I am the original owner. All I am asking is to have the product looked at and repair when repairs are needed by the the company whos name is on the unit just like many other do in the industry today and not tell me that there is nothing they can do.

Ok you bought it 2 years ago how long was it on the dealers shelf. Does you computer use a direct connection to download or infrared connection to download. genesis has been using the react name for almost 10 years and one bad thing about genesis they use the same name for an update version of the computer it should be a two or something.

Spearo,

We have a network of Authorized Dealers. Without their support selling the dive equipment we can't be successful. So we can't circumvent them when it comes to service.

Most dive computers today are like microwaves; it is cheaper to replace it than repair it. We are trying to offer you the best, quickest and most inexpensive solution. If you want us to quote you on repairing your unit we can do that, but it is just going to be timely and expensive. We really are trying to give you the best solutions. Get with Zane and let us know what you want to do.

Genesis Scuba

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom