I broke the seal!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
1. Evaporation of water on the surface of the suit removes heat. Removing your suit and drying off with a towel will keep you from giving up heat to the evaporation.

2. Circulation is somewhat restricted when wearing a wetsuit. Cold water will also cause the blood vessels in the extremities to constrict further reducing blood flow. Getting out of your suit during the SI will allow normal circulation to be restored. This is not only important for keeping warm but is also better for offgassing.

That certainly sounds reasonable, as befits the voice of reason. :eyebrow:
Will do on my next dive.

So glad it wasn't too cold for ya! Langley is an awesome site, its where I saw my first spiny lumpsucker. That reminds me, a lot of the life around here is smaller, so once you get your buoyancy and things under control remind yourself to SLOW DOWN. Also, don't feel like you have to be mega accomplished to dive with your Scubaboard buds. Like anything, everybody has a "trick of the trade" or two to make diving around here more enjoyable. Do a few dives with a few people and ask lots of questions, then take what works for you. At least that's how I did it. Plus you get to dive everybody's favorite sites and they can show you where all the cool stuff is. PM me if you ever want to check out alki or anywhere in West Seattle, as I've now pretty much stuck my tank in anywhere you can from shore around it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom