I didn't dive, but I have video of one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are those bunnies eating peanut butter or something? Whatever it is, it must be really yummy, as they're really licking their lips like crazy.

Odwalla superfood. They love anything banana-related. She has to lick a lot afterwards because she's messy as heck and gets superfood all over her mouth!

I dove Lobos not too long ago and had allergies really bad. I loaded up with the wrong sinus medicine and then got Sudafed.

What kind of snacks were they?

MG

Hi Mike,

I don't usually dive with Sudafed unless I know it's going to be a short dive. I think it would be horrible for the meds to wear off in the middle of a long dive, and then have to manage an ascent with a reverse sinus block. That could turn out to be REALLY bad.

We always try to switch out snacks; on Sunday it was cheddar kettle corn and buffalo jerky!

Odwalla superfood. They love anything banana-related. She has to lick a lot afterwards because she's messy as heck and gets superfood all over her mouth!

Hi Mike,

I don't usually dive with Sudafed unless I know it's going to be a short dive. I think it would be horrible for the meds to wear off in the middle of a long dive, and then have to manage an ascent with a reverse sinus block. That could turn out to be REALLY bad.

We always try to switch out snacks; on Sunday it was cheddar kettle corn and buffalo jerky!

While I don't use decongestants while diving, I've been told that the trick to avoiding a Sudafed crash during a dive is not to swallow it, but just keep it under your tongue. Lasts a lot longer that way.

Guy

While I don't use decongestants while diving, I've been told that the trick to avoiding a Sudafed crash during a dive is not to swallow it, but just keep it under your tongue. Lasts a lot longer that way.

Guy

Thanks for the tip, Guy. For now, I think I'm going to stick with my "if you have to worry about prolonging the effect, your dive is too long" philosophy :wink:

The good news is everything seems to be clearing up. Guess I won't know for sure until I'm back in the water though.

Back
Top Bottom