I don't want to go back to school!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im with mania on this one, im 26 and wish i was goin back to school instead of work.
im actually thinkin of going back to college full time and leavin my job!

ugh- never thought I'd be saying that!!!

SF

About thirty years ago I was starting my last HS semester. It was the most fun, I didn't want to leave, you need to change your attitude :>). Going to college was great, but allot-lot-lot harder than HS. Try to enjoy each day as they are a gift, you'll get through the days much better. Just think with a decent job can do for you, there are endless places to visit and dive, how else are you going to afford dive travel?

Oh puh-leez! I just started back to school after a 3 week break...I've been going to school since I was 5 and now I'm 51---so what's that? Like 45 / 46 years in school....and NO end in sight...the kids pick on me, I don't get along with most of the teachers and the principal is ALWAYS on my case......teaching sux!

NOVIZWHIZ:
Oh puh-leez! I just started back to school after a 3 week break...I've been going to school since I was 5 and now I'm 51---so what's that? Like 45 / 46 years in school....and NO end in sight...the kids pick on me, I don't get along with most of the teachers and the principal is ALWAYS on my case......teaching sux!

Teachers really don't get paid enough. It's a fact. Most of my teachers wait tables to make ends meet. In fact, I once worked a job being a tourguide with a teacher... great job, and I got a 100 in English too!

I suppose with any job it's all about mentality. From student to teacher, try to keep positive, and good things will come your way.

Good Luck But...at Least U Hav 3 Week Break! Lucky!

NOVIZWHIZ:

I'll try not to be too bossy on the playground. I will not throw a fit or refuse to do my work...I'll try to play nice and not push in line, and wait my turn and not talk too loud at lunch. ... because... I am the teacher, I am the teacher...I am the teacher...

enjoy high school. and realize there is college ahead so you don't have to grow up just yet. i'll be done with grad school this semester and i haven't grown up yet. i think i am out of options when it comes to school so real life is about to begin i guess.

enjoy your last semester. make the best of it. and take pictures BEFORE the last few days of school. capture the moment. time will fly from here on out.

GOAT:
i'll be done with grad school this semester and i haven't grown up yet. i think i am out of options when it comes to school so real life is about to begin i guess.

Hmmm. You could always be a professor.

I'm thinking of becoming a career student. However, I don't think my parents would go for that, so I've decided I might just have to settle for grad school. I've still got about two years left of undergrad, but I don't think I'll be ready to grow up when it's time for me to graduate. I know I complain sometimes, but I really like school. I love learning, and I can't imagine being out in the real world where I can't devote the majority of my time to it. My only problem is that I have no idea what I want to do. I like languages/history/anthropology type stuff, but I want to get a degree I can actually use. My worst nightmare is to graduate and then get stuck at some office job where I don't get to use any of the things I've learned.

Goat, good luck in the real world. What's your degree in?

Accounting =/

lol

but i think i'm going to try to start my own bookkeeping and tax service business. i dunno, it might work.

emn057:
but I want to get a degree I can actually use. My worst nightmare is to graduate and then get stuck at some office job where I don't get to use any of the things I've learned.

ohhh- I dream of even GETTING an office job in which to NOT use my talents!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom