I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seeing this thread is from 2017, and it's been 7 years of cave country, do you now feel like a cave man?

Seeing this thread is from 2017, and it's been 7 years of cave country, do you now feel like a cave man?
I am a troglodyte who's been too long out of the water. :( I can't wait to get back in, but will take it slow, when I do. No rushing!

Maybe I should change the title to "I finally paid for my house in cave country!"???

Nice ! So you seem to have plenty more of space ! thank you for the bbq ! 😂

I am a troglodyte who's been too long out of the water. :( I can't wait to get back in, but will take it slow, when I do. No rushing!
First, congrats on paying off the homestead!
Secondly...

Screenshot_20240110_194347_Facebook.jpg

Secondly...
I can't even walk down to the springs, just to swim. ;( People offer to take my tanks down for me all the time. I'll take them up on that when I can make it down there. I'm not ready for a wheelchair.

I can't even walk down to the springs, just to swim. ;( People offer to take my tanks down for me all the time. I'll take them up on that when I can make it down there. I'm not ready for a wheelchair.
With the newly free'd up income you could petition to have a ramp and assist chair/lift put in there. Win win

Pete,

While I was down in Cozumel in Dec. doing Solo & ITT, I re-injured my back leaning over to move a beach chair during the port shutdown. (Likely a minor re-rupture of my L3-L4 disk that had majorly ruptured a few years back and was cleaned-out with surgery)

I felt so much BETTER after my subsequent dives. Being neutral with gentle movement seemed to decompress things and give the nerves a chance to not be irritated for a while.

IANAD, and of course this is not medical advise (consult YOUR medical professionals), but if you can put together a trusted support team, maybe some snorkeling\floating might make you feel better.

I feel for you, good sir!

Maybe a good wagon

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom