I Got Bored Today So I made a new Back Plate...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sweet

Used to do the same thing where I worked previously.

Was quite fun.

By the way, put about a 5 degree slant in your shoulder strap slots and the plate will sit much better on the wearer; keeps the abrasion down also.

the K
Thanks for the help I will change my program for my stainless plate.

You have some way cool toys to play with.
Work is fun when you make things you love.
Very nice!
That's a very nice job indeed!

I truly believe some of my best work comes as a result of a moment of boredom and restlessness.

Thank you everyone. I had fun.

Nice plate..how much do you want for one in aluminum? How bout with my name etched into it like yours?:D

Nice plate..how much do you want for one in aluminum? How bout with my name etched into it like yours?:D

+1 on that request. I don't need my name on it but would be glad to have the makers mark dispayed

How did you effect your radii on the slots, holes and edges?

the K

+1 on that request. I don't need my name on it but would be glad to have the makers mark dispayed

At the moment I am not planing on doing a run of the plates until I get a chance to make a stainless version and also dive both plates to test them out. But will keep you all informed if I do. If I do a run I will allow custom laser work with the plates to your liking.
How did you effect your radii on the slots, holes and edges?
the K

I did not do anything to change the structural bond of the aluminum after jetting the wholes and slots. Only using a file and de-burring the areas. If that was what you were referring to. I did not figure that the plate would go to that much stress.

Edit: New plan on next page.........

Last edited:
Drunken Parrot,

You might want to consider lowering the upper slots 2 inches or so. It'll allow more up and down adjustability of the tank, because the upper cam band won't be right at the curve at the top of the tank.

Just a thought before you start cutting.

Take care,
Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom