I hated scuba pro nova wing gorilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
boogs34

boogs34

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I have been diving for about 10 years now and gone from fin rentals and using my oceanic vipers 1s successfully. Before a trip to Socorros I bought the seawing gorilla and after 5 dives gave up on them and sold them on the boat for $150 ($130 loss). I found them exhausting on my legs and ankles. Whenever I would do negative entry my feet would shoot up and I constantly had to bend my knees. Fortunately the trip was saved by using a dive masters spares which were ok.

So I will describe how I kick and balance and would like to know what may be a better suited fin. I generally kick like a freestyle swimmer and in the past have had no problem fighting current when needed. I balance with flutter kicks and the occasional frog kick to prevent descent. I kick often. I was told for me mares X stream and Tusa solla may be good for me.

Looking for feedback.

the occasional frog kick to prevent descent.
You may want to work on your buoyancy control and/or proper weighting.
My go to fins are the Deep 6 Eddy fins. Fins

So I have been diving for about 10 years now and gone from fin rentals and using my oceanic vipers 1s successfully. Before a trip to Socorros I bought the seawing gorilla and after 5 dives gave up on them and sold them on the boat for $150 ($130 loss). I found them exhausting on my legs and ankles. Whenever I would do negative entry my feet would shoot up and I constantly had to bend my knees. Fortunately the trip was saved by using a dive masters spares which were ok.

So I will describe how I kick and balance and would like to know what may be a better suited fin. I generally kick like a freestyle swimmer and in the past have had no problem fighting current when needed. I balance with flutter kicks and the occasional frog kick to prevent descent. I kick often. I was told for me mares X stream and Tusa solla may be good for me.

Looking for feedback.

The latest offering from Scubapro, the GO Sport fins, are the greatest fins since duck feet. They are light, comfortable, lots of power, small enough for travel bags, can do all types of kick with, very comfortable foot pocket, good in currents, etc. I love mine and have put away all other types of fins I have (either sold them or put them in the rental equipment fleet in our dive school).

There are few threads on SB here with almost all positive comments and complements of these fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom