I have 2 scubapro regs: mk25/s700 chrome vs mk25/s600 - which one will you keep?....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3. Learn how to service them so you can even know them better.
This one I might be interested....
When/where/how to learn (not by myself) service ScubaPro regulators?
I have total 5 now and looks will buy few more, so annual service cost going to grow.

This one I might be interested....
When/where/how to learn (not by myself) service ScubaPro regulators?
I have total 5 now and looks will buy few more, so annual service cost going to grow.

I know couple of SP trained technicians in HK, not much use for you I am afraid.
Hopefully someone will chip in with his/her expertise.

Can I switch / replace the DIN and the YOKE betwin them?
Is it simple ? or fo I need service?

Can I switch / replace the DIN and the YOKE betwin them?
Is it simple ? or fo I need service?

Yes you can swap the DIN/yoke connections. It's simple if you have the correct socket setup and hex wrench.

I think the conventional logic is that, being a better thermal conductor than plastic, a metal reg will be de-iced more effectively by warmth from the diver, and will better condense moisture from exhalations, which will ease drymouth.

I use regs made of carbon fiber, which (in addition to being both stronger and lighter) is an even better conductor than metal. I get less drymouth than I did with plastic ones, but I've never been in water cold enough to tell if it makes a difference as to whether they'll freeze up.

I have dived the 700 in various conditions and even thou the design suggest less drymouth/freezing the reality (at least IMO) compared to the 600 is null. The marketing is very good thou.

Yes you can swap the DIN/yoke connections. It's simple if you have the correct socket setup and hex wrench.

Ok thx

Can you explain please or link me to what I have to extra buy for this swap?
I thought gust disconect them and replace...no?

and what kind of hex wrench?

Many thx

Ok thx

Can you explain please or link me to what I have to extra buy for this swap?
I thought gust disconect them and replace...no?

and what kind of hex wrench?

Many thx

You will probably be better off just taking them to your LDS and asking them to switch them for you.

I have dived the 700 in various conditions and even thou the design suggest less drymouth/freezing the reality (at least IMO) compared to the 600 is null. The marketing is very good thou.

Yeah, when I was shopping around I wondered how much of it was just hype. At the end of the day though, I mostly like that they're stronger than steel yet weigh nothing. They did sucker me into a parts-for-life program though, so if I had it to do over I would probably go another way...

I love my A700. I have had no problem with dry mouth since switching from a plastic second.

I would keep the A700.

You will probably be better off just taking them to your LDS and asking them to switch them for you.

THX M8 - good idea :)

But can I do this without buying extra more parts ?

---------- Post added September 27th, 2014 at 04:32 PM ----------

I love my A700. I have had no problem with dry mouth since switching from a plastic second.

I would keep the A700.

OK...

But Is there a difference betwin this 2 MK25 models ?
http://www.h2ogeek.com/divegear/MK25-big.jpg
and

http://www.divesupply.com/SiteImages...irst_Stage.jpg

the plastic cap looks different and the one with the s700 is chrome....but any other important difference in the newer model?

---------- Post added September 27th, 2014 at 04:38 PM ----------

the secound link

http://www.divesupply.com/SiteImages...irst_Stage.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom