I have a problem....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouper

New
Reaction score
Hello

My name is Michael and I'm a ........ divoholic.

Having recently returned from our OW course in Sharm (with the top drawer Ocean College (Club) team) I must openly admit to my addiction.

And low and behold, I find a board totally devoted to my fellow sufferers. Some, by the look of it, are suffering far more than myself. I've notice several severe cases of Trimix syndrome.

But, if you have to be hooked on something, I can't think of anything better.

Right down to serious stuff. I've seen a shark now and need to get back and make sure I didn't imagine it. So, I'm after reputable dive gear shops (on and offline in the UK) and any tips anyone has to offer (bits of gear to avoid/superb 'beginner' purchases for example). Any info on the Dive Exhibitions would be cool.

We did a couple of 'advanced' dives on our last day diving and aim to get back to finish the job towards the end of the summer.

Cheers
mw (peterborough,uk)
ps I knew I'd like diving, I just didn't realise how much........wish I'd done this years ago

Welcome to our group meeting. You will find that there currently not cure for divaholism; however, should anyone come up with one we will hunt him/her down.

Glad to have you aboard. I hope you enjoy the board as much as I do.

Others will be along shortly to address your questions. We have some UK divers around that might have advice about where to shop.

Chad

and a WARM and Friendly Welcome from Sunny ARIZONA, the all beach no ocean state..

Glad to have you here :balloon:

no regrets about not diving sooner just make the most of the dives you do

Such a "new" diver, and already you've discovered that this is an addiction thank goodness. . . as Chad says, should one be found, we're more likely to cause pain to the discoverer, rather than give pain. hehehe

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Welcome to the boards from Rochester NY.

Originally posted by ckharlan66
You will find that there currently not cure for divaholism;

That's why they call it divaholism not divaholwasm

Enjoy!:)

Welcome to the boards! Your post was very funny, I have never heard it put quite like that before... but I liked it!! See ya round the boards!:)

Kayla:)

Hey you know what the same thing happened to me aswell
and now I work for a dive company needless to say I found a cure because at the end of the day i'm totally fulfilled.
I hope everything works out for you.

I don't know much about shark diving other than seeing one or two but they exist and you probley didn't imagine it lol
pretty amasing stuff down there. chris

welcome to the board that has the other diveaholics on it.
If you don't mind buying online, near your neck of the woods, not too far away, you can order from diveinn. I have dealt with them all the way over here in canada and the price was right and delivery quick.

I, too, am addicted to diving. There is no cure, there is only the temporary relief from the cravings by, well, giving in to them and diving.

BUT I must warn you, you are in terrible DANGER. There is an associated side effect which some diveaholics, many whom you will meet here, have come down with. It is SCUBABOARD addiction. You start by reading some posts, then you register, then you post, then you read more posts, then you post more, then you check the board more, then you post more...I think you can see where this might lead....

Welcome to the board!

otter-cat:wink:

Welcome Grouper!

I found Midland Diving Equipment in Leicester good for Aqualung/SeaQuest equipment - their sister company is the main Aqualung/SeaQuest UK Distributor. It's not too far from you. They were also commercial enough to virtually match an online price for a BC so I bought it from them.

There are a number of online stores for equipment which doesn't need fitting. Try these:

www.simplyscuba.com

www.diverswarehouse.co.uk

www.sebascuba.co.uk - focus on Italian makes as the goods are sent direct from a related business in Monza

www.divingshop.co.uk

www.divebox.co.uk

For checking out equipment try the online version of Rodale's Scuba Diving magazine:

www.scubadiving.com

Hope this helps

Regards

Back
Top Bottom