I have a problem....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Grouper,

I too have this problem. I first got hooked around 6 years ago; met a guy at the local gym who tempted me to try it. You know, the usual trick; gives you your first fix for free knowing full well you'll be back for more.

Soon I was invited to join their gang. Involved a strange initiation process including being encased in rubber, having lead weights strapped to my body and being thrown in a lake. Just about survived the experience, and became a member.

Before I knew, it was out of control. Had to get away. Moved 200 miles down South and started a new life. Stayed clean for about 5 years.

One fateful day I stumbled across a dealer who lived on a local farm. Knew there was something wrong when he invited me into his office. Dunno how it happened, but before I knew it, the deal was done and I'd got my next fix. This was more advanced, and I knew the stakes were getting higher.

Then began a rapid decline. All my cash was going to the dealer. Others were involved, too. Things got heavy, we soon became familiar with what could go wrong, and some guy showed us some videos of what would happen to us if we didn't follow the rules.

Things went from bad to worse when I was tricked into going to Egypt for a so called 'vacation'. You could get the stuff pure, plentiful, cheap and the rush was unbelievable. Some guys had gone out there for vacation and had never come home. They too were now dealers. It was during this trip that I was approached by one of the bosses to join with them and become one of their leaders.

I became a leader but miraculously managed to escape back to England. I think its under control now, but I have to take it one day at a time. I have a stash of bottles out in the garden shed, just so I know its there in case I need it. Only time will tell...

Phil :jester:

Originally posted by raviepoo
It has been three days since my last descent into salt water. It's hard, but I'm trying to live one day at a time. The temptation to get wet is always there. I need the support of my fellow addicts to save me from the life-destroying habits associated with this affliction - habits such as spending all of my money on gear, browsing Rodales and Orbitz on the company computer while I'm supposed to be working, and neglecting the housework and the pets on weekends so I can go swim with strange fish.

Diving has turned my life upside down. I don't know who I am any more. My friends whisper behind my back. We have nothing in common anymore.

I wish I could control my habit instead of letting it control me. Can this board help?

No, this board won't help you control your habit, it will only make it worse... Just remember two things...

1. Diving takes money so you have to at least pretend to work like I do so you still get paid.

2. Friends wispering behind your back... Who needs them! Us divers are the only friends you need :wink:

OK, time to minimize this screen, the boss is coming...

Ty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom