I have found a new home......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it really a tree house if it's at the bottom of a pool?
Are you planning on making it something you can swim into or water tight and accessible from the surface? Eitherway it's totaly doable, I love the idea.

Hello people, have been away for a few days. Went to Blue Grotto Sat/ Orange Sink, part of the peacock springs system, on Sund, both are near lake city, Fla.

Tree house is perhaps to ambitious a word. More of a basic Diving bell you could say, 4 Walls and a roof with 2 Plexiglas viewing windows, sitting on four posts off the bottom, for easy access/exit.

Nothing is too serious yet, just something to occupy the neurons. As far as CO2 concerns, It would remain flooded at all times and need an adult to clear it. Definately no overnighting, LOL.

The one at Blue Grotto was sweet, way too big for what I have in mind.

I’ve got two kids 12, 15, divorced parents, next door and it’s more of a pet project to keep them occupied. I got them tying flies for trout last summer, I thought this might be a good way to get them into diving.

They came up with a metal frame idea, square tube. I think the design will be something like the container cans we have at work. Think of a box, 90' 90' 90' 90', replace one lower 90' with two 45' and connect them with a diagonal section, to create an opening as wide as the width along the bottom.

Braz

One safety consideration that the air in your treehouse would be compressed due to water pressure. A person breathing air inside the "treehouse" who swims out and up would have to exhale on the way up or risk an expansion injury. I would be afraid that a typical kid or even an adult who is not well briefed on the physics of diving would have a good chance of injury depending if they held their breath and how deep the "treehouse" is.

Good call, did not consider this since the depth would be at about 10 ft.

I think I'll still use the idea as a research project.

Braz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom