I just had to smile . . . and share :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever makes 'em Happy!

Teach them the correct trim with knees bent legs up head up position and this is the only way they will dive for the rest of their lives!! No more moon-walkers!!! :)

Well, I'll tell you what the student said: She liked the fact that the tank was absolutely stable on her back, and she liked not having anything much across the front of her chest and waist. She liked having some of her weight in the plate, and not having to carry as much in total. These weren't things we told her; they were things she came up with on her own.

Well, I'll tell you what the student said: She liked the fact that the tank was absolutely stable on her back, and she liked not having anything much across the front of her chest and waist. She liked having some of her weight in the plate, and not having to carry as much in total. These weren't things we told her; they were things she came up with on her own.

Smart girl. She's off to a great start, both in terms of equipment and mentors!

Sidemount rules!!!

As much as I like and respect you, Steve, I'd offer that the above is not necessarily true with a single tank :)

She thought diving in the pool was great fun, but complained that the tank didn't feel like it stayed put very well, so the next day, she showed up for class in her mother's back-inflate BC. She said that was MUCH better. But today, Peter put her in one of our backplate setups . . . by the end of an hour and a half or so in the pool, she was all smiles (grin from ear to ear) and said, "This is SO much better! I love this thing. I'm going to tell my mother that this is what I have to have." She likes the paddle fins better, too
Uh-oh, the next thing you know, you will put her in a reg with a long primary hose and a bungeed necklace alternate. The road to perdition . . .
TSandM:
I'd offer that the above is not necessarily true with a single tank
Hmm. Is that somewhat like saying, 'I'd offer that a BP/W is not necessarily good for a new diver'? :)

What's her ScubaBoard username? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom