I know, it's not UW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
But I just have to say WOW! I like taking panorama pictues and I have been using the Oly software to stitch them together.

This weekend I had the chance to take some pictures at the beach and decided to use/try my PSE 3 to stitch them together. Wow! where I used to have to blend to hide the stitching the software does and excellent job of it...If you haven't tried it yet...nows the time!

(you might see some blending in the longway picture, but that is because I had to remove the person that was sitting under the tree :wink: ( no release) )

nonetheless a very inspiring pic. you got the vibe, i wish i was there in that beach instead of my computer. if only i had the nerve to try the stiching out:)

Spoon:
nonetheless a very inspiring pic. you got the vibe, i wish i was there in that beach instead of my computer. if only i had the nerve to try the stiching out:)
Thanks Spoon!

although some might find it hard to believe, I don't have that view every day either :wink:

and go for the stiching - you will be surprised what you can do.....I might even try it with a wreck some day :D

justleesa:
Were you the one in the pink speedos? I was kinda embarassed to ask him for one...
24.gif

OK, stopped laughing now....Thanks Nick, Thanks Yoda...I don't even use the panorama mode any more, just use the tripod for better alignment.

Actually, that WAS me! You should have asked, I even had a pen on me ............:11: :05:

So, you don't use the panorama mode but stitch the photos together later using PS3, is that right? I've gotta give it a try.

gecko3s:
Beautiful pictures!

calypsonick:
So, you don't use the panorama mode but stitch the photos together later using PS3, is that right? I've gotta give it a try.

Right! As you know, the Panorama mode only works if you have an original Oly xd chip and I only have the small ones that came with the camera - not worth putting in the camera IMHO, only use them when all else is full on a trip or something like that.

When I take the pictures I over lap them by around a 1/3, some times less.

Think out of the box too! With my tripod I can not only go to the left & right and up and down I can also tilt the camera to the side. Stack them the long way, like the tree picture, or even take a picture series in 2 rows (haven't tried this yet).

Mike7:
Only problem about this board.... everyone is from such cool places where its nice and hot like Hawaii, I look out my window and see rain. :(

Nice photos btw. :p

Sorry!

But ya know, if you look at my pics on rainy days they will send you instant sunshine fix:D

I love that panoramic setting. i've been doing alot of them lately and then just stitch them together on the comp. it's a great little thing. nice shots by the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom