I need a 109 seat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I need one of these.
Does anybody have a source or suggestion?

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 367
That seat is not replaceable - you need the new duro poppet.

the duro poppet will take replaceable seats.

Very good.
I put a bid on it.
I see it also fits a G200. I have a G200B is that pretty much the same? What is the "B" for?
So the new duro poppet is the next generation replacement for the original?
I'm guessing that's what an LDS service dept would put in?

Just curious, have either of you tried to shave off the face of an original poppet and laminate on a new seat face?
let's say with crazy glue, or too risky?

... I see it also fits a G200. I have a G200B is that pretty much the same? What is the "B" for?
So the new duro poppet is the next generation replacement for the original?
I'm guessing that's what an LDS service dept would put in?

Just curious, have either of you tried to shave off the face of an original poppet and laminate on a new seat face?
let's say with crazy glue, or too risky?

The G200B is a balanced second (B for Balanced), it takes a s-wing poppet and this kit.

The Duro poppet fits the non-balanced seconds such as the 109, G200 (no "B"). And a service guy will fit it.

I think Texfrazer does some stunt like glueing a seat on top of the worn one; I also heard some people sanding it. I wouldn't do that, a new Duro poppet is an investment; after that, a kit from VDH, the one below, only costs 5 bucks.

What about this, I see it has the O-rings and a seat but is the seat for the duro poppet body/seat holder that you already have to have?
Scubapro 109 non balanced service kit [109 non balanced] - $5.00 : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving

That's for the Duro poppet.

ZKY, it's not worth trying to re-seat the old poppet. The new one is not that expensive, easily available, and then seats are literally a dime/dozen if you DIY them like awap did. You just punch them the out of EPDM sheet.

There are two related issues you might think about. One is converting your 109 to balanced; to do that, instead of the duro poppet you buy the s-wing poppet and balance chamber which used to come standard in a G250 rebuild kit. Then you buy the G250 spring which is easily available for about $5. At that point your rebuilds are a bit more expensive, but my experience is that the balanced ones hold a tune better. Others may disagree. Most people agree that there's at best a subtle performance gain going to balanced, often not noticeable with a good balanced first stage.

The other issue is that when you go to the new poppet, you might find a compatibility problem between the new poppet and the old lever. There's a long thread on that somewhere in the archives. I'll take a guess that about 1/3 of the time I've had less than stellar performance with the old lever/new poppet and in each case I bought the new style lever and the problem was solved. Couv really knows a lot about this because he's rebuilt so many of these, DA and awap too.

Edit: I just saw that vintagedoublehose has the duro poppet for sale.

Hey ZKY, I'll punch you out a few duro seats for next time I head north, if you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom