I really did it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guppie Girl:
Greetings fellow scuba divers! :D I'll tell you a little about myself to start off with, nothing long and drawn out just how I became interested in the world of scuba diving. :snorkel:
It all started with my husband, he suggested that we try scuba diving to see if it was something we would enjoy doing together. Now I won't lie, my first thought was oh crap :***: he's having some mid-life crisis and probably thinks he hasn't done enough in his life, so naturally I said "sure hon sounds great!" My second thought was hey it's cheaper then him learning how to fly :anakinpod so I better jump at the chance to save some money, little did I know :dropmouth . Needless to say the next day he was taking me to some local dive shops to look around and see which one we felt comfortable with so we could sign up for the classes. I still didn't think we were actually going to go through with it but it did seem exciting.:headscrat
One week later after LOTS of reading :1book: we started our classes. The next day we were getting in the pool with the gear on and that’s when I realized that there was nothing to this, it was actually pretty easy. Then I went underwater and tried to breath out of my mouth instead of my nose. Lets just say that didn't work out very well for me the first few times I tried.:help: After a couple of hours I had the hang of it and I was ready to go. It was now time for the open water test and I was ready. It's a whole different world down there with catfish that have heads bigger then mine! :hai:
I've been scuba diving several times now and I must say I love every minute of it! I'm so grateful that I agreed to do this with my husband we have the time of our lives.:yl2jump: There is just one thing I wish the instructors would have told us when we started our training and that would be something along the lines of you will go into debt VERY quickly buying your scuba gear.:bawling: I think we are taking out a second mortgage next week, I'm not sure. But all in all I love diving and I'm sure I will pick up some tips from the boards. :D
Welcome Aboard. Life is in session and you can't take it with you! This addiction only gets worse and there are no 12 step programs that I am aware of. Enjoy.

Welcome to the wonderful world of SCUBA. I have been addicted since 1998. Have not regretted getting my OW cert. It is great that you are albe to enjoy this with your husband. You will find the more you dive the more you need to dive. It is that addicting.
I find myself waking up in the morning and wondering if I can play hooky that day and go dive. Then I wonder how many of my dive buddies might still be home and what I can say to convince them to come dive with me. Thankfully I have a few great buddies who understand that sometimes diving takes the front seat.
Again Welcome.

I must be the worst Husband. Infact I am.

I am a cheater, a liar, I am sad. I am 25 years old. Traveled the world just about three times. Now with two kids, a young 23 yr old wife and a house. working construction in NYC.
I have an addiction. To keep it up. I rely on my skills from the military.

Am I the only person out here who loves to dive?

Okay my problem: My wife, after learning that she needs special attention I give it to her, spending endless amount of time, after work, weekends with the family, even gettting my nails done with her. All to make her happy.

So now its my turn, is it not. And all i desire is to scuba dive. infact its spearfishing. I love it. it runs through my blood like crack is for a crackhead.
I cant help to think about diving all day, to read about it. to speak of it at work, on the train, on the phone to friends along the east coast.

so my problem, i leave work early, taking a train home, only to jump in my truck to fly to the ocean, having my gear already setup in my truck.

Jumping into the ocean, oh the feeling, words cant describe........

so after the dive, i put my work clothes back on and make my way home. giving no sign of a dive. my wife is clueless.

so my problem: I feel bad, guilty that i must live like this:
she new before hand that i was a dive junky.....

can anyone help me. Please

seaboyforever@yahoo.com

thanks

You'll get more out of it all here if you'll complete your Dive Info and Profile...

:biggrinba don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome to the board!

Welcome to the ScubaBoard Guppie Girl. As you can already tell, there are alot of dive addicts here. This sport gets in your blood and it does'nt go away. I hope you have alot of fun here as well as in the water!

Beleive it or not, although diving is pretty expensive initially, once you have all your equipment, it's only a few $ for a tank of air, and whatever you want to spend on boats and transportation.

If you live near water, you could easily be diving for $20/day, which is way less than golf or even a movie with popcorn.

Enjoy!

Terry

Guppie Girl:
with my husband we have the time of our lives.:yl2jump: There is just one thing I wish the instructors would have told us when we started our training and that would be something along the lines of you will go into debt VERY quickly buying your scuba gear.:bawling: I think we are taking out a second mortgage next week, I'm not sure. But all in all I love diving and I'm sure I will pick up some tips from the boards. :D

Welcome to the Under Water World.

Yep, upfront costs can be high, but it tapers off. I don't think it will ever end. As you acquire new skills you'll buy other things... add here and there, update, improve, better equipement, etc.

I fly too and this is a lot cheaper...

It's cool that you have a great dive buddy close by too... :05:

Enjoy...

It's cheaper than golf! oh ya hi hun :) ... oh ya and have nice day I'll see ya at lunch.

Back
Top Bottom