I wanna dive, dangitall...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So how creepy will the water be on Thursday night? It will be about 3 days since the last major rain. I'm not gonna grow a third eye or anything am I?

---
Ken

Mr. Vation,
When I was on the train this morning, passing over the Rio Hondo flood control channel, the dirty brown water level was as high as I've ever seen it after a storm. And that translates to many days of draining stinky brown water into the ocean.

If I was you, I'd wait until tomorrow or Thursday, when the skies are clear, and take a look at this satellite image (updated daily). See if you can see a big plume of junk emptying into the ocean. Then consider that we haven't had a big rain in many months, and just imagine all the kinds of waste and debris that's built up in the flood control channels during the summer.

You make the call..... :D

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/subsets/?AERONET_La_Jolla/2005291

If the water is ugly enough, I expect the see the reverse of your icon picture, that would be you jumping up through the air back onto the boat. :)

...the water'll be fine. :05:

Besides, if stereo vision is good, think how much better it would be with three retinas!!!
:337::337::337:

And...that new dry suit needs a purpose to live!:lightbulb

And...warriors miss alot of fun dives.... so don't :D !

And there might be arrow squid, and torpedo rays, and angel sharks, and shovel-nosed guitar fish (live ones... I'm NOT going near that pier again ewwww!)

And there are always octopus :jump013: ......
You wanna dive?? Then dive. Where's the question?:06:
'Chica

Mo2vation:
No closures, however...

The reason for no beach closures could be either:

1. According to the website, it may take a week or so for them to take water samples and analyze, or

2. The water sample guys refused to get close enough to the water to take samples.

Mo2vation:
Whhhaaahhh.... :crying:
...you guys can stand on the beach worrying and crying... I'll be going diving Thursday night.

Ya' makes your choices....

...of course I will choose against mask removal drills... I'm NOT stoopid!:wink:

'Chica :jump:

mccabejc:
The reason for no beach closures could be either:

1. According to the website, it may take a week or so for them to take water samples and analyze, or

2. The water sample guys refused to get close enough to the water to take samples.

or

3. The water samples ate through the container.

Otter:
Wow, you gonna risk your new DS or WS in the muck?

Last thing I need is trapping that ooze next to my alabaster skin for an entire dive...

Ew

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom