I Wanna Find Some Shark Toofies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, it was a boat dive and I was wearing my drysuit.
The farther out you go the better your chances are for a big one. Sunday we were in 29'.
For shore dives I have had my best luck from Service Club Park.
I will drop down right at the shore and head west or NW. I have found teeth on both sides of the sandbar.
I don't dig, just head west. I like to stay about 2' off the bottom (if vis will allow) and just scan left and right and pull out any thing that looks like it might be a tooth and I pull alot of junk. If I find one I will seach that area, I have found several within a couple yards of each other.
But, I really think it's about 90% luck, just swimming over the right place at the right time, and the 10% is good eye sight.
I dive with hp 100's so I get out further usually turn back at 1500 psi and am not as picky on the way back in.
I usually try for Sunday mornings and some Sat. even after work if the weathers been good.
OH, the wife gets her share of time too. non diver

wow i would love to try that i like to find any thing old, the thrill of the hunt. i love to metaldetect but thats just been on land.

It's a pretty cool dive. As soon as the water warms up a bit I'll go

I've been looking hard at the boneyard for some time. The means to it will be available soon (friend with a boat), and I hope to take it there and look. I go to Alhambra, and have had some good luck there.

There's just nothing like coming across a big tooth. For me, buried treasure wouldn't be any better.

ReefGuy:
I've been looking hard at the boneyard for some time. The means to it will be available soon (friend with a boat), and I hope to take it there and look. I go to Alhambra, and have had some good luck there.

There's just nothing like coming across a big tooth. For me, buried treasure wouldn't be any better.
Looking hard at it - of course straining your eyes from the shore :wink: When Brian gets his boat out there i think we will all have fun!! Like is said a couple of weeks and i am in.

Nice 2th. You said you dove 100s the (s) makes me think you're diving doubles? Maybe I'll drag mine out. I have been thinking about buying a drysuit for cave diving. I had one a long time ago but it didn't fit right and I sold it.

I may go down to service club park tomorrow, but I noticed the wind just shifted to SW today.

Kev7:
I'm not the expert on finding the shark teeth but I have dived off of Venice beach twice. I can dive on Fridays but the 7th I already have plans. If you want to try for the next Friday after that let me know.

Thanks for the reply - I may have a house closing on that Fri. I may actually go tomorrow but it will be a last minute decision.

CaveDiverJeff:
Too much talk about diving - loading the car and heading for Venice beach - will update conditions tonight.

Well how was it????

$24.95 for dive flag/float
$10.00 Gas
$30.00 Lost Lime green weight belt

Finding my first four shark's teeth...

worth it I suppose.

It was fun vis about 3 feet - no surf. I do have to admit that I am hooked on tooth diving even after the bumpy start.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom