I want to build double LP45s - need help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky001

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

I would like to take two Faber LP45s [5.5"] and double them. Seems simple enough, but finding the right bands/manifold combination is proving to be difficult. Dive Rite used to make manifolds and bands for double LP45s, but have ceased production. Basically, I need a shorter isolation crossbar [~165 mm]. Does anyone have any recommendations for a band/manifold combination that would work for 5.5" LP45s?

Northeast Scuba Supply sells 5.5" bands for LP45s, but I'm not sure what manifold to use [I'm in the process of finding out]. Could also be used with independents I suppose.

Tanks - Tank Bands - 5.5" NESS Tank Bands - Northeast Scuba Supply

Thank you.

Hey Sharky,
I have a set of doubled 45's with OMS bands & non isolated manifold. Make me an offer if you're interested.

Cheers, Rob

NESS usually has a pretty impressive used equipment selection, and lots of NOS (discontinued) stuff as well. If the manifold is really not available from dive rite, I bet NESS can help you find one.

Hi Sharky, I have a set of double 45's that use a standard width manifold, and custom bands. The advantage is that the manifold can be reused with bigger tanks if I ever choose to stop using the 45's, plus standard width manifolds are a dime a dozen.

The bands were made by a member of the board here, named Vic, and goes by the handle detroit mudpuppy, or he also sells them on ebay with the seller account tech_n_rec_solutions.

Here is a pic of my 45's alongside a set of 72's.

baby tanks.jpg

Hey Sharky,
I have a set of doubled 45's with OMS bands & non isolated manifold. Make me an offer if you're interested.

Cheers, Rob

Hey Rob - thank you for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. At the moment, I already have the cylinders, I just need the rest.

Hi Sharky, I have a set of double 45's that use a standard width manifold, and custom bands. The advantage is that the manifold can be reused with bigger tanks if I ever choose to stop using the 45's, plus standard width manifolds are a dime a dozen.

The bands were made by a member of the board here, named Vic, and goes by the handle detroit mudpuppy, or he also sells them on ebay with the seller account tech_n_rec_solutions.

Here is a pic of my 45's alongside a set of 72's.

View attachment 71248

Hi Jimmer - yup, your 45s are exactly what I'm looking for. Looks like I might be scoring a Dive Rite 165mm isolation crossbar [for free - interesting story, that I'll share later] so I may be looking for a set of bands to accommodate that set-up. The valves are modular, so I can always toss them on another set and swap-in a standard 185mm crossbar. If this falls through, I'll be talking to mudpuppy about a set-up like yours. Thanks.

Hi Sharky I have bands in stock for 140mm (5.50 inch) diameter Faber cylinders for the 215mm (8.46 inch) and 185mm (7.28 inch) center to center size manifolds. Also available are bands for Worthington 45's and Faber (Scubapro) 60's for manifolds with 215mm center spacing. The photo is the models of 140mm diameter bands mentioned above with the Thermo 185mm center to center manifold. You can contact me at technicalsolutions_canada@hotmail.com for shipping information.

Best regards Vic

Attachments

• 5.50 inch (140MM) diameter bands 215 & 185MM center spacing.jpg
    5.50 inch (140MM) diameter bands 215 & 185MM center spacing.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 112
  • HPIM0775.jpg
    HPIM0775.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 109
Thanks mudpuppy, I'll be in touch once I know which manifold I'm going with!

Hi Mudpuppy I would love to get a couple of sets of these bands with the 215 centres to suit the 141mm fabers would you frieght to Brisbane Australia and could you advise me the cost of bands and postage USPS would be fine hope you can help Thanks

Try sending him a direct private message, he's more likely to notice that.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom