I want to upgrade my camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the Canon D-60 fell into my hands so cheap that I am going to go with it for now. I want to find a Sea & Sea DX 30/60 case with arm and strobe. I found one on flea bay but the seller wants close to $300 for it. There have got to be some of these laying around gathering dust since they are so obsolete,
agreed, except lots o people think their old stuff is made of pure gold. offer them $50 plus shipping. if they do not bite, wait a month and then offer $40.

you may also want to look for camera plus housing deals (and be prepared to toss the D-60). for less than $300 you should be able to get a "better" used point & shoot camera and housing.

I got the sea and sea D30/60. What a tank. It is a good thing too, because the good ole USPS F'd it up on the way. It took a hit hard enough to bend the nearly 1/2 inch thick grip frame to the point that it wouldn't screw on to the housing. Fortunately I had access to a hydraulic press, and got it straightened out. The strobe is awesome. I can't wait to get this thing in the water.

After a hit that hard, you'd be smart to take the housing/port with no camera in for a dive to ensure it doesn't leak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom