I was attacked by a Nurse Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only shark that has ever "attacked" me was an 18" horn shark. I tried (wrongly) to reposition it for a better camera angle and it swam up to me and tried to gum me on my wetsuit. I laughed so hard the regulator fell out of my mouth. So far the great whites and other species have just passed by my camera and not even asked for the standard $1 modeling fee.

Here's my full dive video.

[video=youtube;u7uq48m2kV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7uq48m2kV8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

My bet is the shark was interested in the Gopro electronics. Having done many shark dives, the sharks definitely seemed interested in video cameras and those divers compare to those with stills.

My bet is the shark was interested in the Gopro electronics. Having done many shark dives, the sharks definitely seemed interested in video cameras and those divers compare to those with stills.

Not too surprising. Back in the early 1980s the Steinhart Aquarium tried keeping a baby white shark on exhibit. After four days they released her; it turns out that there was a tiny (<1 millivolt) electrical fault in one spot of the tank wall. She would repeatedly bump into that location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night on a dive, a Sand Snapping Shrimp with some looong claws; repeatedly picked on MrChen to threaten out of 4 divers. He did NOT have his GoPro with him, maybe he's just an electric guy! Or maybe there's an aquatic version of SB read only by marine critters--and he's on their list!!:wink:

That shrimp was hilarious. It would go down in the hole and then come out displaying claws and then go back down. Good stuff.

Last night on a dive, a Sand Snapping Shrimp with some looong claws; repeatedly picked on MrChen to threaten out of 4 divers. He did NOT have his GoPro with him, maybe he's just an electric guy! Or maybe there's an aquatic version of SB read only by marine critters--and he's on their list!!:wink:
See what happens when you harrass the wildlife, MrChen. Now he told his friends about you, and the Sea is now your enemy.

Either way, you're screwed when Katherine comes back this way.:D

See what happens when you harrass the wildlife, MrChen. Now he told his friends about you, and the Sea is now your enemy.

Either way, you're screwed when Katherine comes back this way.:D

We don't need Katherine. On the same day a local fisherman submitted video to the news of a GW off shore. They are out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom