I was pretty Green I Guess

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm new here! I was pretty green last weekend when I went wreck diving off the coast of North Carolina. my reg failed at 90 ft and I kept my cool and just swam over to my buddy and said or signed no air. I think my buddy was pretty surprized tho. I kept my cool and we returned to the surface OK. Thank God for my training that I got in Costa Rica YES CR!!!. they where real pro's and did a good job in training me. I'm kinda looking for a dive buddy in my area. SW Arkansas but i can travel anywhere Tho. Mike

GotAir once bubbled...
I'm new here! I was pretty green last weekend when I went wreck diving off the coast of North Carolina. my reg failed at 90 ft and I kept my cool and just swam over to my buddy and said or signed no air. I think my buddy was pretty surprized tho. I kept my cool and we returned to the surface OK. Thank God for my training that I got in Costa Rica YES CR!!!. they where real pro's and did a good job in training me. I'm kinda looking for a dive buddy in my area. SW Arkansas but i can travel anywhere Tho. Mike

Congratulations on staying cool, I probably would have.... my pants, did you find out why your reg failed ?
Anyway welcome to the board Mike :)

Just curious... Like South Devon, I'd like to know if you found out the reason for the reg failure. Also, you didn't mention how long you'd been diving. 90ft to a wreck seems pretty aggressive if you're new to the sport.

Glad that everything was OK.

-Rob

Howdy there, Roommate. Welcome to the Party Line... :fight: Glad you figured out the log-in thing. You might list your total number of dives on your Bio, and the fact you steal beer from sleeping divers. :beer:
don :giggle:

Bravo, diver, you stayed calm and solved the problem zeN

Congratulations on remaining above ground level. A reg failure is a serious thing, most people, without extensive training and experience, wouldn't remain cool, calm and collected. Good job and welcome to the Board.

Scott

... and I've always heard that when regs fail they freeflow. Can you give us the play-by-play on what happened to you?

Ian

I was at 115 ft on a wreck and my puter said I had 2min left on bottom so i slowly found my way over to the anchor line and started my slow ascent up my reg and breathing had been normal on all previous dives, at about 90 ft i took a breathe out of my reg and it was kinda hard to get the air out of it so i exhaled and on my next breathe it was even harder to get air, I exhaled that one normaly( not overbreathing) and on my next attemp to get air out of my reg Nothing Nada, so I swam over to a buddy that was on her way up also and shared some air with her thru her octopus. looking back now I wish I would have tried my octopus. but I think I did the right thing at the time being down so far. I still dont know what happened because it worked fine when I got on the boat. Mike

Have you had it serviced since? I'd LOVE to know what's up with that. Could your tank valve have been turned off accidentally? You say it worked fine at the surface... wow... how much air did you have left at the surface? How much did you have when you started up (if you know)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom