I "won" trips galore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick: It was the DAN benefit auction (also mentioned in another thread today, a few hours before it closed). I saw the trips (including the one with almost no description save the Scuba Cozumel sign in the photo), but I couldn't bid on any this winter.

cbborromeo: During hurricane season, we sometimes get rather extended periods off, but I'd hope he hasn't planned *that* ahead of time (although controlling the weather could be a useful diver skill). :D

I hate being 50+ and president or the CRS club. Saw the auctions and forgot to write the dates on the calendar. Great deals! And should you feel overwhelmed and guilty about hogging all those trips, PM me!

(somehow I think PM inbox will remain empty).

CheddarChick:
how did I miss this auction???????? was it at show?
I do not recall how I found out about the auction. Since I am usually the last to know about anything and everything, I assumed they sent me an email announcement.
However, I will point out that about 2 or 3 weeks ago I made a thread to give notice of the auction. It is good for DAN and good for those who "won" items.
There were a bunch of trips and liveaboards available as well as gear, clothes, ski trips, and all kinds of other stuff.
I bid on Blackbeard, Bay Island Beach Resort in Roatan and Cozumel's trip but I lost out on Necton, Windjammer, Explorer Ventures, and several others.
I figured if I could get something well below the retail value and it is a trip I wanted, take a shot. Apparently, I got lucky.

cbborromeo:
Wait, what the heck do you do that you can work for only a month and dive the rest of the time? You a king crab fisherman or something? Have we seen you on 10 most dangerous jobs?

nah, you misunderstand me. Although I only want to work a weekend a month, I actually have to work more than that. I try to take a trip 4 times a year. Sometimes those trips work out to a trip a month for 2 or 3 consecutive months.
My comment on work a month and off I go again was referencing my scheduled Jan trip to Roatan and the planned trip in March with Blackbeard. The Blackbeard trip had a restriction limiting times from Dec '06 to March '07 or Oct '07 through Dec '07. I am heavily considering water temps and may pass on Blackbeard until Oct but if I do, then I simply must go to Cozumel in March instead.
So see, that means I get back from Roatan in January and work hard all Feb so I can go again in March.
Hey, when you got 5 trips that you got to take in a year, it dont leave much time for work, ya know.
How much does crab trapping pay? Can I do it in warm climates with warm water?
Do I have to work in the rain or get up early? Do I have work all day? I mean, all day, that is a long time, isnt it?

No worries! I'm just gonna mug you and steal your ID!!!! Green with envy!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are talking about Scuba Club Cozumel, nice place.. good staff, plenty of diving right off the resort (great night dives, just get your tanks early before they close the shop)..

If you are not talking about Scuba Club Cozumel.. nevermind.

Hey Caribbean Diver

You mentioned you will be in Roatan in Jan? Same as us, we will be filming Issue #2 for the Dish network "water channel" Dive Zero scuba diving TV series as well as our DVD's. Come dive and hang out with us, send me a pm if you would like to get more info. Congrats on winning the trips.

merxlin:
I hate being 50+ and president or the CRS club. Saw the auctions and forgot to write the dates on the calendar. Great deals! And should you feel overwhelmed and guilty about hogging all those trips, PM me!

(somehow I think PM inbox will remain empty).

So you're not only the president, you're also a client? :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom