Iberostar Coz Dressel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does Blue Angel pick up at the Iberostar Pier? I heard that Dressel runs off all the other dive ops. Does anyone know if you can use another dive op off the Iberostar pier?

I just got back from Coz, and had a really good experience with Aqua Safari. Don't know if they will pick up at the Ibrostar. The boats leave from their dock at the south end of town, and usually make a pick-up at Plaza Las Glorias.

Blue Angel and any other dive operator can/will pick up at the Iberostar. I saw several other operators (Papa Hogs, etc.) pick up there with no problem. Hope this helps!

ednedfred, Thanks for the info! I'm glad to know I have options at the Iberostar (not just Dressell) Only two more days until I'm Coz bound!

Skip Dressel Divers. Nuff said.

Two days, eh?

Sources tell me water temps running about 83 degrees below the surface, viz 80'-120' depending on site, calm surface conditions, few sea lice but many moskitos, mostly sunny & cooler than usual for this time of year (which means a nice mid to low 80s or so).

Do enjoy.

DocVikingo

Luv2dive:
I am going to Coz in July and staying at Iberostar. We stayed there in Aug of 2000 (before we were OWC) This will be our first first ocean diving and was wondering if the dive center on site (Dressel) is a good outfit for newbies with only nine logged quarry dives. I love the Iberostar but know nothing about Dressel. Any comments for newbie Coz divers?:)

Was just there the week before Memorial Day. Good experience with both the hotel and Dressel. Dressel isn't liked on this board, so expect very negative comments. I dove with them all week, thought they were great. No cattle boats. They will change your gear if you want. The deck hand helps you back on, brings you a cup of water and if you let the guide know you are knew they will keep an eye on you.

I paid $59 for additional two tank dive and if you pay cash they take 10% off.

I was ready to file for bankrupcy when I looked at the comments on the hotel and Dressel, but I plan to go back and give them more of my money in the future. I think there are probably other great dive ops there as well.

I also had a good experience with Dressel and Iberostar two years ago. It was expecially good for the new divers in my family. I would liked to have seen some more drammatic coral areas but stayed with the newer divers and had some nice dives (Columbia shallows, for example). I thought all the staff members at Dressel were professional.

Back
Top Bottom