Ideas on top paddle fin for not-so-good ankles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For ease on ankles, I prefer the SP twin Jets or Apollo Bio fin Pros. I've dove the Force Fins and they are OK too, but would be 3rd choice for me. However, they would be better than most paddle fins.

Last edited:
diveprof, thanks, but what model of Force Fin's did you try? SD1-Military model, Extra Force fin, Adjustable Force Fin, Pro Force Fin, Excellator Force Fin, Beaver Force or the Original Force Fin, or the Cousteau OPS fin. And, last but least were they made of Tan Delta material? Please bare with me, it's like saying you tested a Ford car, but what model? Best, Bob

Good point Bob as you do have several models. I tried the original Force Fins (don't believe that they were the Tan Delta material).

diveprof, ok, that makes sense now, most male diver's prefer the Pro Model, due to the higher stiffness of the fin blade. I bet that pro stiffness would help change your mind, but with the amount of dives your have achieved, this would take several dives to adjust to the "No Feeling Force Fin mode". Thank you. Best, Bob

Back
Top Bottom